Norovirus spreading acroos the US

Lilly

According to this article, a new strain of Norovirus is spreading across the US. If you had the "stomach flu" in the last few months it may have been the Norovirus.

SuzyQ

We have had it here in the UK for a few months now. It caused the closure of lots of hospital wards. I caught it years ago, when I accompanied my husband to hospital. It's a debilitating disease, but luckily only lasts a couple of days.

SoftRain

Yes, the norovirus has been pretty bad here. I knew a lot of people who got it between Thanksgiving and Christmas in particular. I've escaped it so far (knock on wood).

chabella

All Lady
Oh I had it alright and I do not want it again. I am pretty sure by now I am washing my hands more often than most doctors do. It has been running through our area and just about everyone I know has had it at least once, one poor gal had it three times and just could not shake it!

Lilly

Some of the members of our family have already had it twice and I really hope we don't see number three. I have to take my youngest to the pediatrician tomorrow...I'm scared! :eek:

Hedda

I was really sick at the end of last August and they really didn't know what was going on, as it was too early for flu season. A few other folks I know ran into a similar situation. I bet it was this virus.

Greenwoman

Fortunately, I have not gotten sick these past couple of months, but at least now I know what symptoms to look for. You said that it is like the stomach flu? Is it an actual flu?

Lilly

No, it isn't like an actual flu although some of us have ran a fever with it. Mostly it is a lot of nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. The reason this particular virus is so nasty is because it is really easy to spread.

Lyra

We've dealt with that one before and I have no desire to go through it again. Even if I don't get it myself, it is a huge pain dealing with a stomach virus in the house. We have been hitting the vitamin D hard to avoid flu, but I don't know what else we can do (except keep washing hands, as mentioned) to avoid the Norovirus.

chabella

All Lady
The closest thing I have had since I got really sick was a sore throat and that is something a little tea can help with. I really hope it does not go through the schools again like it did a few months back. Many teachers had less than half of their class each day for weeks on end.

Luvkenny

Nice to know what it was! It went through our family too! It's terrible. I hope that we don't get it again! Ever! Man I swear these flu strains are getting worse and worse each year. It's important to get the flu shot.