Natural Immunity Shots

SoftRain

I saw a link on Facebook for immunity shots. You juice a lemon and add chopped garlic, cayenne pepper, and raw honey. Have you ever tried anything like this? Did it work?

chabella

All Lady
I have seen something like this before in a store but I have never tried it myself. They used "shots" as a drink (similar to those energy shots you can get). I am not sure how else you could take it though, by needle?

SoftRain

I assume they mean a shot like a drink, as you said. I should probably try it. I just got a cold, and if it helps me feel better sooner, that would be awesome.

hppyfngy

I assume they mean a shot like a drink, as you said. I should probably try it. I just got a cold, and if it helps me feel better sooner, that would be awesome.
1 t cayenne in a half cup of hot raw apple cider vinegar will kick a cold's butt. Once you get over the treatment... :)

Raw honey and lemon juice really soothe the throat.

SoftRain

Yes, I'm a little afraid to try it! I still haven't mixed anything up because it just sounds awful. How did you get up the nerve to actually drink that?

hppyfngy

Yes, it's a mean treatment. I guess I'm one of those people who can take a deep breath and swallow anything. And I was desperately sick at the time...
Actually microwaved the cider vinegar to quite hot, and of course the cayenne doesn't dissolve, just suspends in the liquid. So, a good stir and down the hatch! Whoo! Sinuses cleared up almost immediately! ;)

A milder soothing solution is simply very hot water with lemon, fresh grated ginger, and raw honey. Good stuff!