Natural helps for Diabetes

SallyA

Does anyone know of any foods, vitamins, minerals, herbs, etc. that are especially helpful for diabetes? I know diet and exercise are important, but there must be products available that can help.

thecure

Products that will help diabetes are the products that do not worsen the diabetes. Make sure you stay away from products that are high in sweet carbohydrates.

SallyA

There's nothing natural that will help? I know you have to stay away from sugar and that exercise is important, but isn't there anything natural that would help in some way?

want2learn

The use of cinnamon and chromium have been proven to help with keeping blood sugar lower. I have a whole list of them i can't find right now. When I find it I'll post it here for you.

SallyA

Thank you want2learn! I was sure there would be something that would help the sugar levels, and you confirmed it. I'm looking forward to reading your list when you find it.

CeeCee

I would suggest fish oil for circulatory health, which I know can be a huge concern to diabetics. And, naturally, diet and exercise. I know people who actually control their diabetes with their diet and take hardly no medications.

carsonods

Iodine is a key element in fighting diabetes because it helps regulate the thyroid and is essential for a healthy liver, gallbladder, pancreas, spleens and more. Vitamin C improves control of blood sugar levels for those with type 2 diabetes. :)

Clover

My husband is diabetic and has been for years. The only thing that helps is exercise. Walking is the least traumatic and it allows the body to digest and use any sugars that come from eating fruit, veggies and stuff you don't consider as containing sugar.

locococo

For those mentioned, does it matter which type of diabetes a person would have? I do not have it myself that I know of but it does run pretty heavy in our family.