Mushroom Expert!!

SuzyQ

Interesting site but it looks like it's American and I'm in the UK. I learned quite a bit about mushrooms myself when I lived in the middle of a forest in the Scottish Highlands!

wanderingherb

It will still work for some no matter where you are. This is the site we used in Mushroom class. The identification for mushrooms is standard across the board. Hence the Latin names. The way you identify is the same for almost all mushrooms everywhere.
wanderingherb

shyness

I just cant deal with Mushrooms. I would rather have canned processed mushrooms, then fresh ones. I know it sounds crazy, and don't let me see one because I will pick them out. If I can find some type of mushroom to grind and maybe use as a skin cleanser, then I'm all for it.

SuzyQ

I love them! I used to pick my own Chanterelles and make omelettes with them. Ceps are also tasty if you can find some that the slugs haven't been munching on! I see what you mean about the Latin names. Doesn't Amanita Muscaria sound wonderful?

Natural

Thanks for the site. I love to eat mushrooms. I replace meat with mushrooms most of the time and the food really tastes good.

Is there a way we can replicate the atmosphere when there is lightning? I've learned that mushrooms grow plentiful when there are lightning present.