Men doing cross stitch

SuzyQ

Surprisingly, my husband has discovered that he likes doing cross stitch, and he is quite good at it too! He decided to buy a couple of kits and he's done a couple of butterflies for our little granddaughters. It surprised me that he felt able to sit and do it, but he loves it.

Hyacinth

I don't think I have ever seen a man who does cross-stitch, but I am not saying that men shouldn't get into embroidery. I admire your husband for doing something that most men won't even think of trying.

SuzyQ

Thank you! He is a very creative man I must admit, and has tried his hand at many different things. He likes a challenge I think.:)

SoftRain

That's a cute mental image. :) I'm glad he found a hobby he enjoys and that he doesn't let silly gender stereotyping stand in his way.

aunaturel

I've never seen a guy doing cross-stitch but I know a couple of men who do some needlework. One creates the most gorgeous quilts and another knits. That's about it, though.

freshfoodie

I have never seen a man do cross stitch either, but I think it is great that your husband gave it a try. People sometimes let society dictate what is an appropriate gender role.

Cobbler

I've never seen a guy doing cross-stitch but I know a couple of men who do some needlework. One creates the most gorgeous quilts and another knits. That's about it, though.

Not to get off topic, but I love your avatar.:cool:

On topic, it does sound relaxing. Maybe that's why he does it. Or he's just creative.

Lyra

I read some articles recently about men who quilt. This was encouraging to my son, who loves to quilt. He doesn't even use a pattern! I have a male friend who enjoys knitting.

SuzyQ

My father used to knit, but then, he was in the Navy in his youth and apparently they all used to knit, or so he said. Maybe he was just joshing?;)