Meditation Techniques

Greenwoman

To be completely honestly, I haven't been meditating as much as I should have. In the past I did a lot of guided meditation with music, and I eventually got to the point where I could meditate without a guide. Now I feel like I have to start over and meditate with guides again. How do you meditate, and what are your end goals whenever you meditate?

chabella

All Lady
I do not really have any specific technique that I could pass along, I just do what feels natural to me. Usually when I meditate the kids are out of the house or at least not in the part of the house I am in. My little nook I call the "east wing" as it is on that side of the house. Low lights, minimum music and a good spot to rest in it all I need.

Primrose

I don't have any guided meditation techniques either Greenwoman. I do have "spa" music, low lights, a good book and either a cup of coffee or a glass of wine. It depends on the day I've had. I do set a time limit of usually an hour before I imerge and come back to reality.

Greenwoman

I used to go all out with incense and candles, but I guess I got lazy. :D
If you don't mind my asking, what is it that you try to achieve whenever you meditate? Often when I meditate I try to achieve answers that plague me. I even remember the days when I was searching for my spirit guide.