McDonald's adds calorie count to menu

Carolynn

McDonald's has started adding the calorie count of their food products to the menu. Now that one big chain restaurant has started it others will surely follow. Here is the article I saw about it. I think having the calorie count right in your face would help me to make a healthier choice most of the time.

Lyra

Yeah, I heard that since some places have made it a law that fast food restaurants have to include this information on the menus. It makes sense that if they have to do it, they will end up doing in all of their locations.

freshfoodie

While I am happy that they are doing it, I don't think it will make much difference to most of the people eating at fast food restaurants. I don't eat that stuff so I am not worried about it. I did have a milkshake there a few months ago and then I found out it was almost 600 calories for a small!

Luvkenny

Holy cow! 600 calories for a small milkshake. I for one know that I will be looking at the calorie count. I will be staying away from Mc's once I see it. With everyone in my family trying to be healthier, there is a healthier choice than McDonalds.

chabella

All Lady
That is nothing, at Sonic one weekend we were heading home after a long day of errands. I calculated out everything that I ate (which did not seem like much) and it was 3500+ calories later. I had the tatter tots, popcorn chicken and one of their slushies. For the record though it was quite delisious. :oops:

jason

Have a great day
I thought they already did this near me. Wendy's and I think one other place. At least I remember seeing some nutrition thing that was tucked away near the bathrooms where no one goes to read it.

Aletha

I like that. Of course if you're in Weight Watchers, you already know what you can eat there and how many points it costs. I love the Egg McMuffin though and it's one of the most diet friendly foods at McDs.

SoftRain

I thought they already did this near me. Wendy's and I think one other place. At least I remember seeing some nutrition thing that was tucked away near the bathrooms where no one goes to read it.
They've had to have the flyers for awhile, but now McDonald's has the calorie count up on the big board, so when you are deciding on what to order, you immediately see how many calories it is as well.

Lilly

All restaurants have to have it somewhere in the building, but many places do hide it where no one is likely to see it. I think having the calories on the menu is a really great idea.