Lower Belly Meditation

Tecca_Nina

Here is a meditation that I do when I am under stress or just generally not feeling well. It is not difficult at all, the only hard part is keeping your mind clear! You also do not have to do it for too long. Five minutes is the minimum that I recommend though.

1. Lay down in a comfortable position and setting.
2. Place on of your hands onto your lower belly.
3. Breathe in and out, and focus all of your attention into lower belly.
4. Do this for about five minutes. Simply allow yourself to get lost in the meditation.

TheCause

I never did it exactly like this. The way you said "Simply allow yourself to get lost in the meditation" was very well stated. Such a simple meditation, but still pretty awesome. Thanks for the share!

dissn_it

I have done something very similar when my stomach isn't feeling too great. It does really help to make me feel better. I just have to be careful to not get too lost in meditation, I've been known to actually fall asleep!

Tecca_Nina

I never did it exactly like this. The way you said "Simply allow yourself to get lost in the meditation" was very well stated. Such a simple meditation, but still pretty awesome. Thanks for the share!
No problem. I hope you can put it to good use!

I have done something very similar when my stomach isn't feeling too great. It does really help to make me feel better. I just have to be careful to not get too lost in meditation, I've been known to actually fall asleep!
This is why it's good for people with sleeping problems. Can help insomnia quite a bit.

SifuPhil

This is why it's good for people with sleeping problems. Can help insomnia quite a bit.
As long as that is why you're performing the meditation. Back in the "old days" a student that fell asleep during meditation would be whacked with the "Stick of Enlightenment" to wake them up and make them re-focus.

Tecca_Nina

As long as that is why you're performing the meditation. Back in the "old days" a student that fell asleep during meditation would be whacked with the "Stick of Enlightenment" to wake them up and make them re-focus.
Haha I was not aware of this. Hopefully if you're doing it in the comfort of you're own home, nobody will smack you with a stick if you get too lost in it and fall asleep. :p

shaunche

I don't think this classifies as meditation. It is a common method for deep breathing, also known as belly breathing. Focusing on the simple process of breathing - feeling your belly rise and fall - will reduce your anxiety.

Tecca_Nina

I don't think this classifies as meditation. It is a common method for deep breathing, also known as belly breathing. Focusing on the simple process of breathing - feeling your belly rise and fall - will reduce your anxiety.
I guess it depends on what the person is using it for personally. I've definitely been able to use it for meditative purposes.

Suzie

This is also what you do to cool down after a session of Yoga. Imagine your body being pulled down into the ground and focus on your areas of tension to relax yourself even more. Doing simple meditation helps wonders.

Myrrh

I usually put myself in this position when I am exhausted and want to relax. However, I don't think I have even considered it a way to meditate. The next time I do it, I will try to make the most of this comforting position. Thanks for the idea.

This does sound like it would work. I cannot let my husband see this though because if he relaxes to much with his hands there, he can clear out the room!

Tecca_Nina

I usually put myself in this position when I am exhausted and want to relax. However, I don't think I have even considered it a way to meditate. The next time I do it, I will try to make the most of this comforting position. Thanks for the idea.
No problem. The relaxed state it puts you in is very peaceful.