Listening To Nature Sounds

xenon

I'm fortunate to live in an isolated place with nature all around. I tend to not listen to music when I am outdoors gardening but take in the sound of the wind and animals all about. My wife on the other hand has her earplugs in her ears and gardens in this manner. I wonder sometimes but it is her prerogative to do so. Whenever I feel a bit down a good walk puts a smile back on my dial.:)

antwanmon

If you are feeling stressed or anxious, nature sounds are great to calm you down. However, it is always best to get the true experience and go outside. Fresh air and nature can do wonders when you least expect it. But, some of the nature sounds you can find online are very realistic.

argo

Walking in the rain and listening to the rain drops, smelling the fresh air - I can`t get enough of this.
Then later at night I sleep like a baby.

On a dry day sometimes I also listen to "nature tracks" on youtube, it relaxes me after a hard day at work, it improves my sleep a lot and I wake-up in the morning refreshed and with full energy.

Laurasav

I forgot all about this and I'm glad you've reminded me just how soothing this is. I often battle insomnia and I was told by a doctor to get some nature sound CD's and play them in the bedroom before trying to sleep. It certainly did help, but then I put them away and forgot about them years ago! I'm going to have to bring them back out and start playing them again. I love the ocean sounds too.

Listening to nature sounds really helps me to fall asleep. My favorite sound is the sound of beach waves. They are so calming and soothing.

mudrock

I don't know if nature sounds really work or not. I do know it does feel good to take breaks in general like camping or fishing because it makes you relax and feel at peace. It may be good at relieving stress but that is probably it to me.

dziomek

I have used CDs such as those for relaxation years ago; perhaps it is time to find them and use them again. It may help with some of the stress I'm feeling, or it may even clear my head so I can write more. I am terrible for taking "me" time; I don't do it as often as I should. I thought when the kids were bigger it would be easier; now it seems all I do is work. I do need to start listening to my own advice. :)