Lavender

gemini

Is lavender the best scent for helping you go to sleep? I've heard of using lavender-scented pillowcases. I've also read that it's good for helping to sooth nervous stomachs.

wanderingherb

yes it is good for both, but you need the right lavender. There are many other herbs that promote sleepiness too. And all time favorite for stomach and relaxing is Chamomile and Lavender! L. angustifolia

chabella

All Lady
When I have issues sleeping I somewhat demand the better half gives me a back rub with some nice lavender than I keep in a drawer near the bedside, it really does help. Tonight I might even sweet talk him into it.

gemini

I love the color lavender as well as the scent. It's beautiful and has such a feeling of serenity. If you wanted the total experience, it would be wonderful to have a lavender bedroom with the color matching the scent. That sounds heavenly to me.

Myrrh

I find lavender scent soothing and relaxing. I have a container of body powder and a bottle of lotion infused with lavender which I usually apply on my skin before bedtime. I frequently experience a bout of insomnia, so anything that can possibly put me to slumber is welcome.

SoftRain

Lavender is a lovely scent and I use it almost exclusively. It's definitely good for relaxation, but also makes my cleaning solutions smell good, and I love smelling it in my soap and shampoo.

wonderfuls

For me its great but the kids in the house tend to say its too stinky, I think they have over sensitive noses though. I also love to smell of anything citrus in the morning (a new change in my age now it seems).

strawberry

Lavender has been one of my favorite scents since I was a child growing up. My grandmother always had lavender in a bowl and it was such pleasant aroma. I keep some in my closet even today.

wonderfuls

Have you ever tried Cajeput? It is great when I feel a headache coming on and its not a scent I use a great deal so its somewhat like an extra treat when I get to break it out.

btatro

Yes, lavender is the go to scent for relaxation. Some people use it for anxiety as well, which goes along with your "nervous stomach" idea. Lavender is actually one of my favorite scents. I don't like anything to strong or flowery so lavender is just right.

shaunche

Lavender has a calming effect, this is why placing lavender under your pillow may promote good quality sleep. I'm not sure if it is true - can any of you vouch for this?

amy71219

Lavendar is great for relaxation. I always thought I hated the smell of lavendar but it turns out I hate the smell of lavendar in processed soaps and lotions and stuff. Real lavendar smells so good though.

Lavender has a calming effect, this is why placing lavender under your pillow may promote good quality sleep. I'm not sure if it is true - can any of you vouch for this?
I think I'm going to try it and let you know. I use lavender in my hair conditioner and in my laundry detergent and it's just heavenly, but I've never tried putting any under my pillow.

Lena51

Lavender has that real lady-like smell. I feel it makes you feel real special and when you awake in the morning you are really nice and relaxed and ready for a new day. What can be better than that when thing are so hectic around us all the time. Enjoy!

Marina

I love lavender! It's my favorite scent. I grow some in containers on my patio. I also like lavender chamomile tea to help me relax. If you have any Lavender essential oil, alls the better. I like to place a few drops on a cotton ball and leave it in my dresser, it will scent your undies. Also, I add a few drops to a bathtub with Epsom salts and a little almond oil. Ahh!

dziomek

I love the smell of lavender; it is one of my favorites. I have tried to grow it, but haven't been very successful. In some areas it can be grown as a shrub, but mine have never grown more than 12 inches tall. I have a lavender room spray, but I haven't used it in awhile.

I have also heard lavender oil is good for relieving tension if rubbed on the temples. Has anyone tried this?

Randomhero

I think lavender has a very soothing/relaxing scent to it. It always makes me feel better but its pretty strong to me so I like to smell it from far away. Having it on my pillowcase would be too intense for me :)

Aromasue

Aromatherapists call lavender the Grandmother of essential oils. It has 101 uses, some mentioned above. IMHO I believe that every household, kitchen and workplace should have a bottle of lavender. As I always tell my clients and students, if in doubt use lavender, just love it.

Pat

I enjoy the scent of Lavender in the laundry on the clean clothes. One of the baby products is scented lavender suggesting it helps a cranky baby calm down so that the baby will sleep better.

TabithaW

Yes, all of the above. I did want to add that if you purchase lavender, make sure it is an essential oil and not a fragrance oil. Essential oils are derived from nature and have the medicinal qualities. Fragrance oils are man made duplications and will not.