Kidney Stones- help.

Ladyofshalott

Hello, everyone! I am new to the boards so forgive me if I am asking this question in the wrong area.

I was recently diagnosed with kidney stones(I had been having blood in my urine and pain)...they were revealed via an X-ray. I was wondering if anyone knows of any herbs or vitamins or minerals- or anything else- that might help in breaking the stones up so I can pass them and hopefully not have to undergo surgery? I have no idea how big they are- I am going to have a CT scan done tomorrow so that will give me a better idea- but in the meantime I was told- by my dr. to drink a LOT of water and that water with lemon and homemade lemonade was good for them as well. I was also told to cut down on the salt. So If anyone has any other recommendations they would be most welcomed. Ty! :)

EarthGirl

Concentrated black cherry juice is very helpful, as is cleaver's tea or tincture. You can use either as soon as you feel a kidney stone coming on.

Corn silk tea will help with the pain.

GL...kidney stones stink!

Ladyofshalott

EarthGirl, thank you so much! I had the CT scan done...and apparently there is a large stone there :'( . The dr wants me to have another x-ray done. I suffer from panic attacks so I am very worried they will have to remove my kidney!

wanderingherb

Oh Heaven's. They shouldn't be removing your kidney. Please don't fret about that. Your kidneys are important. They would never remove such an important organ without real good cause.

Kidney stones are quite common. And they hurt like anything. You can also get gallstones which are just as wicked and hurt too. Up under the rib cage.
The stone will hopefully pass but will hurt.
Try herbs as suggested by Earthgirl, but also try some demulcent type herbs. Get to the store and see if you can find some Traditional Medicinals Kidney support tea. Or to your local health/herb store and ask for a tea or herbal tincture blend specifically for your kidneys.

I'm sure they'll be real happy to help.

Drink lots of fluids. I hope you feel better soon

Wanderingherb

Thunder

A friends son goes through the issue of kidney stones on a regular basis....he refuses to follow orders!

He was advised not to drink caffeine in any form! Drink lots of fluid (water is great) but be careful what it is. The teas suggested earlier are great!

Twinny

Bless your heart!! Kidney stones are terrible. When I had one, they encouraged me to drink lots of water and "real" lemonade. Something about lemon juice helps. I was also told to avoid spinach.

juno

I came to know that herbal plant aerva lanata is used for dissolving kidney stones. Of course, I've not used it myself. You can consult an herbalist about the efficacy of aerva lanata. If it's really effective, then you can use it to solve your kidney stone problem. Good luck.