Juicing

Carolynn

I have been wanting to buy a juicer and try a juice fast since I saw the documentary "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead". Juicing is supposed to be a good way to help detoxify your body. Has anyone here tried it before?

removed

Yes, I have tried it before! I went on a three-day juice-fast with my boyfriend. It was my first time, and it was my boyfriend's second time. It was rather challenging for me to go three days without solid foods! We did a lot of research on juicing, and came up with a list of nutrients we wanted to make sure we would consume daily during our fast. We knew what potential side-effects we might end up experiencing, but more importantly, we knew about the benefits that juicing would bring us (improved skin tone; a healthy, nutritious diet; increased energy). It worked out well for us! We've also done juicing with his juicer, mixing up fruits and vegetables, and our concoctions are always interesting, unique, and colourful!

I would highly recommend juicing as a way to detoxify your body. Lemon and kale are great detoxifiers. You can also just put a squeeze of lemon into a glass of juice to start off your morning! Juicing is not just a great way to cleanse your body, but is an excellent way of consuming foods that you might not want to eat solid!