Itchy feet

Lyra

My husband occasionally has itchy feet. It seems to happen mostly at night. I don't know if his feet are just dry or if there is something else going on. Can anyone shed some light? Suggestions for solutions?

Aletha

Are you sure it isn't a fungal infection? Is he diabetic? He could be having trouble with his back too but you have to try to figure out what precipitates the problem. If you think it may be a fungal infection, you can treat it with tea tree oil a few times a day. I have even cured a fungal infection of one of my toe nails with tea tree oil.

That sounds like an interesting cure for fungal infection Aletha. I'll have to get some of that tea tree oil. I really like to use something natural like that and my hubby has a bad looking toenail.

Primrose

Good to know about the tea tree oil. I knew it was good for lots of things but not fungal infections. Lyra, what kind of socks is your husband wearing? Try all cotton and see if that helps.

Lyra

Good suggestions, everyone, thanks. No, he is not diabetic. He does sometimes wear wool socks, so maybe that is linked? I hadn't thought about it being possibly fungal. I will do a little research to see if it might be athlete's foot.

chabella

All Lady
I would start with the dry skin first, it seems to be something most men overlook. I know that my own did and I went out to get him this great lotion, he can use it about twice a week and it works wonders. I remember its in a blue container but the name slips me now.

Lyra

Great point, Chabella. It could be as simple as that, couldn't it? I will find my husband some lotion that does not have a girly scent and put it by his bed. Hopefully that will encourage him to use it often.

SoftRain

Dry skin and fungal issues are the first things I thought of too. Try the lotion first; if you are willing, you could even put it on for him with a nice foot massage. If that doesn't work, try the tea tree oil.