it works!

jason

Have a great day
So I was given a few rain barrels by my in-laws. Always a nice gift. But I now had more rain barrels then I had down spouts. So about two weeks ago, I took out all the valves, and connected them through a pvc pipe system. I now had 5 rain barrels all connected to each other, and connected to two down spouts. I have been waiting for rain, and finally last night we got some. It filled all 5 barrels up. I tested the water pressure, and it was awesome. So much better then a single barrel setup. Now I just have to get a bag that I can fill up with compost and I can make my own compost tea to feed my plants.

This is a good idea. We actually have 3 rain barrels here but we haven't thought of connecting them altogether. They supply different areas of our home. We might try this here and I hope it works for us!

dissn_it

That was a very clever idea to connect them together into the PVC pipe system to give you really good water pressure from rain barrels. I am thinking that you will come up with another good idea for compostin, too. You don't really need a bag, composting can be done with lots of different methods!

misumaru15

That is a great idea! You were able to take what you already had and put it to use. It seems that this is an even better method to use your rain barrels.

shaunche

Brilliant idea, you will be able to take advantage of the tropical storms in your area. When it rains in Florida, it really rains! Incidentally, my girlfriend's family in Australia own a rain barrel business.

SoftRain

Hey that was pretty smart! We want to set up some rain barrels too and I think we may connect them now that you've given me the idea. Thanks! :)

jason

Have a great day
Thank you all.

That was a very clever idea to connect them together into the PVC pipe system to give you really good water pressure from rain barrels. I am thinking that you will come up with another good idea for compostin, too. You don't really need a bag, composting can be done with lots of different methods!
The bag is to put some compost in, and then the bag goes into the rain barrel. This makes a very powerful fertilizer if done correctly.

I've always wanted to invest in some rain barrels. We are in the middle of a drought right now and have been in one for several years running. If we had rain barrels, we could take full advantage of the rainfall when we get it, and it would really help out with our gardening!

jason

Have a great day
I've always wanted to invest in some rain barrels. We are in the middle of a drought right now and have been in one for several years running. If we had rain barrels, we could take full advantage of the rainfall when we get it, and it would really help out with our gardening!
Rain barrels are great for that. But one thing I've found, at least for myself, is they fill up fast, and drain quickly. Money being no object, I would love to get a nice big cistern and bury it. Get a pump to pump it up to a spigot.