It never ends

I feel like I never quit cleaning up the house. I get the laundry done and the next day there is more to do, I wash the dishes and within a few hours the sink is full again. It seems like I can never get everything done and have the house completely clean all at once.

BettyKane

I came to that conclusion a long time ago. It is never ending and something always needs to be done. It is a good thing that I am not one of those compulsive cleaners. I would wear myself out around our house!

ShelbyM

I sure wish my husband understood this fact! I've explained to him many times that if he wants the whole house clean at once, it is no problem. But if he wants it to stay all clean, all the time, he needs to hire a maid!

GlassSlipper

Shelby, that is so true. The only way that my house would stay all clean all the time would be if we had a maid that was there all the time. I am a clean freak though so I am always doing something.

Claudette

Truer words were never spoken, ComingUpDaisy. As I walk through the house, I'm continually picking up clutter and taking it with me to other rooms. The sink always has a dish, glass and a utensil or two in it, even after I've just loaded and run the dishwasher. Life is good, isn't it?

chabella

All Lady
I completely understand after dragging the yule tree out myself today, I get it, I swear. After this week is over I am going to take a break. Moms never get sick or vacation days so I am going to take a few strike ones instead. I am utterly exhausted.

I never stop cleaning. Laundry and dishes just seem to multiply in my house. I am constantly picking things up and wiping things down but I can't stand having things not where they go. My kids know not to leave their things laying around and put things up but I don't let them do dishes or laundry, they are mostly responsible for their own rooms.

Lena51

You have to let the kids do these things so that you will have time to do the things that you enjoy. If they clean up and keep it clean for you the way you like that will show them not to mess up unless they want to clean up. But as long as you do the cleaning, they will keep messing it up for you to clean. Teach them when they eat out of a plate, use glasses, cook or whatever it may be, clean it right away meaning now. And teach them to do their own laundry and there will be a lot of free time for yourself.

TheCause

So true. Especially people that have kids.
I personally just use paper plates, plastic silverware and plastic cups. I only drink water so I refill the same plastic cup as many times as possible without it just getting weird.
That is how much I hate doing dishes. I can scrub 1 dish for 5 minutes solid, then as it dries I notice a piece of food stuck to it still! Dishes hate me.

It happened to and it has quite become a cycle. I got tired of it one day and decided to chill. I needed a breather and after that guess what? I went back doing the same old chores. I sometimes think, life shouldn't be like this all the time. I wish I could find a solution to this.

Ankh

AGREED! I have a serious amount of cloths that I start washing and never can seem to get all the way clean. Every year I through out a bunch of them, because I can't bare being tied down with so much "stuff".

My motto is "I don't expect it stay clean, I just don't want it to get to deep." It's the only way I stay sane. With four kids between the ages of 5 and 15, 2 dogs, 2 cats, and other assorted pets there's always something that needs to be done.

amy71219

Very true! I feel like my whole life is a big cleaning cycle. The house is nice and clean in the morning but I have to spend hours cleaning after the kids go to bed to get it like that. I clean during the day too but it seems like 2 seconds after I clean it's messy again.

artistry

You are one of the many, who can point to that old saying...that man works from sun up to sun down, but truthfully, a woman's work is never done. It's a continuous thing.

dziomek

"My house is clean enough to be healthy, dirty enough to be happy." is a saying I live by. When there is more than one person in a home, there is always something needing to be done. Even those who live alone have housework to do. I get stressed some days because my house is dusty or the sink is full of dishes, but then I look back at the way our house was growing up and I realize mine is spotless compared to the way my mom kept the house. I am not a "cleaning machine" but I sure wish I could be some days. My sisters are neat freaks, which also stems from the way we grew up.

My biggest problem at the moment is too much clutter, and spending more time trying to earn a living online than keeping a spotless house. Our home is less than 1000 square feet, and has stuff in it that was moved from a 1400 square foot home. I know I need to let go of some of the things I have, but it's not easy. I do have to say, when I get in the right mode I can get a lot of cleaning done and the house does look good. We are a family of 4 (although my son lives with his father, and only visits every second weekend) and it seems I am forever trying to figure out where to put things. Without adequate storage space, I can't even "hide' stuff. :p

artistry

I like that saying, and must write it down. You and your sisters remind me of my family. My sister's keep houses that look like magazine advertisements, mine, you can guess. But I am happy in my space. Just let me stay on ny feet. Cheers.

Myrrh

This is so true. Before facing the computer, I had to take my clothes out of the dryer, fold each piece, pile then stash in the clothes cabinet. But before that, I was actually at the kitchen sink, doing the dishes. I don't think I can keep the house completely free from mess. There is always something that needs to be cleaned or organized.

Suzie

I don't think my house will ever be clean all at once now that I have kids. Maybe once they are out of the house I will be able to keep it clean, like my Mother-In-Law's house is now.

shaunche

The drudgery of cleaning your house is really tiresome. I clean my whole house once a week, and I do bits and bobs throughout the week to maintain cleanliness. You could hire a cleaner if you have the money, a cleaner will do the work for you.

Mrs. Rogers

It truly is a neverending process. With three children, I don't expect it to get any easier until all three of my children are in school. For now it seems Fischer Price has puked all over my house LOL.