I'm not so sure about chiropractors

Hedda

I'm not so sure about chiropractors. I have a neighbor who had hip pain and went to one. He did some kind of an adjustment, and the pain increased dramatically. Turns out she had a fracture she didn't realize she had, then had to have a hip replacement surgery! Can you believe that??

Nature

Chillin Under SummerLight
thats crazy!, well nothing works for everyone, and it could have been a mistake the chiropractor is only human after all.

Naturified

The hip condition was pre-existing in this case though, I wouldn't blame them. But no, I wouldn't trust them. I have a friend who had a rib broken by a rough adjustment.

Patchouli

Wow! My chiropractor always x-rays new patients to see what's going on. I'd say your friend just came across a bad chiro. I don't know a chiro who wouldn't check for a fracture first.

freshfoodie

My chiropractor was the same way. If you were a new patient or had a new injury you were getting an x-ray! I can't imagine a chiropractor not doing one just to cover his own behind. As big as my chiropractor was and how rough he could be, I never had anything broken or fractured by him. In fact, all I ever felt was pain relief.

Chiropractors are like doctors; there are good ones and bad ones. A friend broke her nose and went in to have it set. She was in good health when she went in, but she died later that day. We suspect that something went horribly wrong, but people won't get down on all doctors because of it. Why get down on all chiropractors because of a few bad ones?

jason

Have a great day
I have a friend who is a chiropractor and other going to school for it. They always take x-rays before doing any work.

SaltandPepper

I love my chiropractor. She does an outstanding job and makes my back feel so much better. She's good at what she does and has tons of patients. I don't think she would have a lot of return patients if she caused them more harm and she has tons of patients who always come back to her.

Healthy4us

Sorry your friend came across a Chiro. that seemed not to be up to par. I also agree that my Chiro. always does an assessment complete with xrays if their is a new patient or a new injury. In fact, one day when I was at his office, a new patient came in with knee pain. She had seen many doctors to try to get her relief, and had a bag of pills of what they dispensed, but her pain did not go away. The Chiro. explained to her that although her pain was in her knee, the problem was in her hips not being even - very common problem. She was stunned. For muscle skeleton issues I have full trust in my Chiro. :)