If you could only take 3 vitamins....

Which would you take? I know that there are a lot of them out there but I just don't think you can take them all! So if it boiled down to just taking a few, which do you think would be the best ones?

dissn_it

It would be hard to only have three because your body needs more that that. I would think that vitamins C, B & D would be three fairly important ones that you need to have daily.

I would take like many others B, C, and D. I know this is an odd combination, but C helps fight off infections. B can provide me with the extra energy I need to get through my day and D would help to get rid of any of the cancer agents in my body!

As a matter of fact, I do only take three supplements, haha! I take C and D, and an iron supplement because I'm anemic. I find that everything else (B included) I get enough of from my food.

hunysukle

I would probably take vitamin E for protection against free radicals, vitamin D for calcium absorption, and vitamin A to maintain healthy skin, hair and teeth. Great thread, by the way.

rayne

I would take anything containing selenium, vitamin B and vitamin D. If you research selenium, I believe you will find it to be the key to many of our deficiencies and the key to fighting off disease.

Sugarhill

I'd take Vitamin C, Selenium and Zinc. Most of everything else, I'm sure that I can get at least the minimum of through my daily dietary choices.

I would take the Vitamin C and Selenium as they help me with my weight and the Zinc helps me with my skin and hair.

AnonaMoss

Good thread topic!

I would take:

1. Evening Primerose oil - Because it helps with my skin and female related problems.
2. Folic Acid - Because it is recommended to prevent problems with future children.
3. Calcium - Because I wouldn't wan't my bones and teeth to suffer.

GGGuardian

If I could only take 3 vitamins they would have to be vitamin C,B,D. Everything else I would try and get daily from my food sources.

Wow, thanks for all the replies. I do take C and try to get my D from the sun. I really need to take something for energy since I seem to be lacking it lately. Would the super B complex help with this?

lovelikewinter3

@MysticMornings - if you are lacking in B vitamins in your diet, then the B complex would absolutely help you. The plus side is that (to the best of my knowledge) most B vitamins are water soluable, so if you take more than your body needs, they will not store up and become toxic.

To answer your question, I take C, D, and Omega 3. C and D for the previously mentioned reasons (boost immune system, calcium absorption, free radicals). The Omega 3 is for mood stabilizing purposes, as it helps me to stay more even-keel than if I don't take it.

if you are lacking in B vitamins in your diet, then the B complex would absolutely help you. The plus side is that (to the best of my knowledge) most B vitamins are water soluable, so if you take more than your body needs, they will not store up and become toxic.
B is really easy to add to your diet though. It's pretty much as simple as switching to whole grains.

Sugarhill

Yeah, some of the vitamins that people are going out of their way to take is really just as simple as making a minor adjustment in their diet. Find the nutrients that you need in your food and then use vitamins to supplement.

beckyv1265

I am not big on vitamin supplements. Most are in a form thats not digestable by the body. If you are looking for suppliments then I recomend that you get them in an ionic form or natural form. Fresh fruits and vegetables are a great source. I also recomend fresh herbs. They not only add flavor but incredible health benifits.