I would love to find a candle that smells like chlorine

Esperahol

That's why they always warn you to keep pets away from antifreeze, because they'll be attracted to the sweet odor and taste. Now gasoline is a different story - having worked as a mechanic for a brief smell I never grew to enjoy that. To me it always signified that there was a leak somewhere that I had to fix. :(

And I'm not sure but I think gasoline just smells like it does naturally - no sweeteners added. Household gas usually has mercaptans added so that you'll know from the sulfur smell that you have a leak.

My last girlfriend smelled wonderful ... talk about poison ... o_O
Not just pets, but also children and there is a reason it is the poison of choice when trying to take someone out. It tastes great (why I don't know) so people use it to make delicious drinks and sometimes other treats. As for gasoline I don't know if it smells that way naturally but it also smells great and that isn't a good thing. Sorry about your girlfriend, but you know what they say - never trust a big butt and a smile.

chabella

All Lady
I get what you are saying too but I have never seen any before. You might end up making your own if that is the case. I have seen a few non-traditional candles before but nothing like this.

lettuce

We all have our lot of "strange" things we are attracted to ether by sight or by smell. I've never heard of a chlorine-scented candle, but then again, we have the Internet, where you will be able to find anything if it exists!

Pat

I have never smelled a candle that smells like bleach. I do like the fresh clean smell when bleach has be. Used to clean the bathroom.
There is candle that has a clean smell I like it's cuccumber not as strong as bleach but pleasant.

beckyv1265

Try cleaning more often with bleach or leaving some out in a dish on the counter. As long as you have great ventilation it should not cause much harm.

AnonaMoss

I definitely can't say I've ever come across a candle that smells like chlorine, nor would I want to. I've seen ones that smell like the ocean, so in terms of that breezy pool vibe, there's that. For the actual clean, chemical smell, though? Uh, good luck!
I smelled the most amazing ocean/beach scented candle. It had grains of sand, seashells, ocean water and fresh flowers in it. It was scented with various natural oils as well. It smelled so great, and was beautiful to look at.

Esperahol

I smelled the most amazing ocean/beach scented candle. It had grains of sand, seashells, ocean water and fresh flowers in it. It was scented with various natural oils as well. It smelled so great, and was beautiful to look at.
It had water in it? Do you have a picture of it or do you remember the brand?

tiff

It is quite strange to want to have a chlorine aromatherapy scent. I really dislike the scent of chlorine. It's also the reason why I don't go to public pools where they put a ton of chlorine in it and you can smell the chemical a mile away. I just makes me dizzy. o_O

Carolynn

I for one will not be purchasing a Chlorine smelling candle if they should happen to come out with one. I hate even having to clean with bleach I dislike the smell so much.

gina121

If it is a clean smell that you are after (not chlorine, as such), then any of the lemony essential oils will do the trick. Grapefruit, lime,lemon and orange essential oils all have that fresh and fruity scent, and hence are often added to cleansers and sanitizers.

I know that might sound a bit strange, but to me, nothing smells better that that fresh, clean smell of chlorine...which then makes me think of a swimming pool. Aromatherapy is all about calming the mind and body through sense of smell, and in my book, nothing is more calming than the smell of a swimming pool. Makes me think of being on vacation or sitting out by the pool during the summer months. I have yet to find a chlorine-smelling candle, but if I ever do, you can bet I'd buy 10 of them. The only thing that comes close to this smell is when our cleaning lady cleans the bathroom with bleach and then keeps the door closed. When you open it, you get instant swimming pool. ;):cool:

LOL this is too funny but the first thing I thought of when I saw this post was, "Man, I would love a gasoline scented candle." I don't know why but I really like that scent and it calms me down. I don't relate to cars, know anything about them, or do anything with them other than drive them but it is such a pleasant scent to me.

Jessi

"Man, I would love a gasoline scented candle." I don't know why but I really like that scent and it calms me down.
Okay, I can relate to that one. Again, I wouldn't actually want a candle that smells like either. I do like the smell of gasoline, though. Strangely enough, I associate it with the taste of keys, too (the metal has a distinct taste). I know it's weird, but I like both.