I know it benefits your health but....

Walter

I know acupuncture benefits your body and health in many ways. I have a problem with it though. I hate needles! I can bear the pain of getting acupressure but not acupuncture.

Do the needles actually hurt? I've never had it, but my mother has. She had a pain in her leg and the doctors couldn't find the cause., After a couple of months, she went to an acupuncturist, who found the cause right away. After one treatment, she's been pain-free. She didn't say anything about the needles hurting.

Walter

Thanks, that's a relief. I can generally bear moderate pains. I think I am more afraid of the needles piercing my skin instead of the actual pain of it.

wanderingherb

No the needles don't hurt, but the idea of them will make you feel them if you are frightened of needles. There is nothing wrong with using accupressure!

If you feel you need more, then visit a licensed acupuncturist ask many questions, and ask about pain and maybe have one needle inserted in an area that lessons pain just to experience it. Then the next visit may go better for you!