hydrotherapy

chabella

All Lady
I bet most people have done this before without even realizing it. I would love to get my hands on a place that would allow me 24 hour access to a pool. We might have to wait for the next house but who knows, maybe we will get lucky. Does anyone else practice hydrotherapy?

Aconite

I've only done things like hot springs and stuff but not specifically hydrotherapy. Well maybe that does count but I do miss the natural hot springs I went to in California.

chabella

All Lady
I would love to try out a hot spring but the closest I have come to one is a hot tub, I guess that kind of counts. I am really hoping that our next home comes with a pool and I am sure we would all love it as a form of exercise even on a hot summer day.

Aconite

Reading about hydrotherapy it looks great for those with arthritis or any prior injuries. It's really light on the body and feels rejuvenating. It really circulates the blood which stimulates healing, so I can see many uses for it. Try to see if there is a spa near you where you can do it. Sometimes they offer discounts for people who buy packages, or have special injuries.

Cassia

Reading about this makes me want to sit in a hot tub or soak in a hot spring now! It's so relaxing and soothes my muscles, and as Aconite mentioned, it promotes circulation.

StarGazer

Soaking in a hot tub is not hydrotherapy unless you're doing it for a specific health reason. Swimming pools don't count usually, but I suppose if you were using it in physical therapy it would. Even soaking your feet in warm water with Epsom salts is considered hydrotherapy when it is to relieve pain or swelling.

Elberberry

I used to belong to a gym that offered hydrotherapy. I tried it a coupe times for my arthritis and loved it. When we moved it was no longer available to me.