How to get started

Nina

I read all these threads and posts on detoxing, yet I don't really know where to get started. What's a good starting point to begin to get an aging, slightly overweight body back into good balance and health?

shaunche

Cut out sugar, processed foods, bad fats, caffeine and alcohol. Drink lemon water, green tea and eat leafy green vegetable (preferably organic) for two days. You can then introduce protein (meat, fish and eggs) and healthy fats into your diet.

Another option is fasting. You could try a 24 hour fast once a week.

Whenever I start a new project I like to head on down to the library and pick up a book on the subject. That's where I would start, get a book and follow it.

beckyv1265

Are we talking about a colon cleanse? For that I use super dieters tea and then increase my water and my bowels will flow till they are empty of all waste. Its a great way to drop 5 lbs of crap. As far as detoxify? I would never give up my coffee its too good for you. I occasionaly like a drink. I am not a daily drinker although a glass of wine will benifit you. I eat lots of fruits and vegetables and try to cook all my meals at home using fresh ingredients. I don't give up on sugars . I just use less processed sugars like honey and maple syrup as sweetners. I do love to have a sweet snack occasionaly. I know I am probably not as healthy as some but I am very happy with my body and who I am. I also don't have any major health issues due to diet. I do have a genetic inherited thyroid disorder and family history of diabetes. I also have an inherited Rhematoid arthritis from my grandmother. I have suffered with arthritis pain most of my life. It started during puberty. My 16 year old son also has the arthritis. I have 2 children with the thyroid disorder and 1 with diabetes. None have a weight issue however because they all eat great diets and get regular exercise. My weight fluctuates with my activity level. My activity level fluctuates with my pain level. I have none of the usualy issues of high blood pressure or type 2 diabetes. My cholesterol is great and I do not take any medications except an occasional antihistamin and and an anti-inflamatory like advil for extream pain flares. I think that people can go overboard in the other direction on these dangerous health kicks. I would also check with your doctor before you start a new diet plan to make sure that any of your meds are compatible with the diet.

shaunche

Whenever I start a new project I like to head on down to the library and pick up a book on the subject. That's where I would start, get a book and follow it.
Good advice, but researching multiple sources will give you a better idea. You could read one book and it could be wrong. Gathering information from multiple sources is a better way of researching because you will be able to filter out the nonsense using your judgment.

Cassia

You can start by cutting down on sugar and sodium. Increase your vegetable and fruit intake. Drink lots of water. I suppose these are included in the basic steps of the route to detoxifying.

gar

Start by going to a fitness gym and simply ask their physician. I once tried to visit a gym so I ask and they said start by simply going into a cardiac program. you can just run around for cardio exercise.

plsargent

Someone had said drinking lemon water, what does the lemon do that helps the detoxify process. I have been putting lemon in my water for years but never really knew why other then it tastes good. Currently I have been adding apple cider vinegar to my water since it's suppose to help with weight loss. Would that help with a detox?

You can start slowly ...the firsr day is always the worst...after that its a breeze. I start day one only eating fruit and avocado day two just a few fruits and mostly vegetable powder and liquid bentonite 2x per day day three no whole foods liquid bentonite and then coming off the cleanse I drink protein shakes w almond milk (less caloriez than milk) and slowly move back to solid foods like meat and veggies

Sent from my LG-VS700 using Tapatalk

Apple cider vinegar will certainly help moving bowels not sure if it would really help much w weight loss itself though

Sent from my LG-VS700 using Tapatalk

srj

I would start by not consuming any more toxics into your body! Drink water and cut out all the processed food. If man made it, don't eat it! So technically start Paleo diet.

jovan107

Before trying any natural detox remedies, I first start by cutting out all unhealthy foods when eating. I do this for 2-3 days then I start a detox remedy for a day or two.

aphil

I believe the best place to start is with your stomach and colon. Gently cleansing your digestive system brings such relief and begins a natural cleansing process. It makes sense, because everything you consume is going there. After you begin this cleansing, say once a week for a month, (you don't want to cleanse faster than your body can handle),
as you are taking in more healthy, unprocessed foods, your body is receiving them better.
I love dandelion, nettle, red clover and burdock teas for detoxifying the liver and the blood. It is a delicious way to detoxify.

Always start by fixing your diet and lifestyle. Make sure your diet is free of icky stuff like gluten, trans fats, processed chemicals, colorings, soy, processed grains (any processed food, actually), processed meats. Base your diet around big, colorful salads. Eat some cooked vegetables if you want, or look into the raw food diet *(I believe either can be pretty healthy). Make sure you are getting good quality sources of protein like grass fed beef, free range chicken, salmon, etc. Eat fermented foods for probiotics. Eat sprouted foods for life force and vitality.

Do this for a long time, maybe 6 months to a year. This alone will detox you a lot. Once you get to that point you can begin fasting and cleansing with herbs.

I don't recommend jumping right into deep cleansing or detoxification programs without changing your diet first. You can, but you will suffer a LOT worse detox symptoms and the entire experience will be far less pleasant for you.