How often do you detox?

april222

Do you detox as needed or do you detox as a routine? I've actually never detoxed. I eat healthy and exercise regularly, though I'm certain that's not enough. I have been considering biting the bullet and just doing it, though I just wanted to get an idea of how many people detox on a regular basis opposed to on an as needed basis.

shaunche

I have never been on a proper detox, but my diet and lifestyle should reduce the accumulation of toxins. I drink lots of water and exercise regularly, flushing out toxins in the process.
I would consider going on a detox so I'm interested to read the responses to this thread...

Jessi

I don't detox. I think that so long as I'm eating healthy and drinking plenty of water, then I don't need to. I don't think others should do it either unless it's a short term one in order to get them back on track with eating healthier again. I really don't think there's a reason to "flush out toxins" as you can do that simply be drinking more liquids and cleaning up your diet.

btatro

I have never done a detox, but I know some people swear by it every once in awhile. I would be interested in trying it to see if I experience any "noticeable" differences.

gina121

It's been a while since my last detox. Ideally, I'd like to get a detox at least once every six months. The last detox I had was a couple of years ago when I went in for a hydrotherapy colon cleanse.

Let's see. I've done:

10+ Liver flushes
10+ Parasite Cleanses
10+ extended fasts
+ An unknown number of other types of cleanses and detox diets

I don't really have a set time as far as how often I've done them. The liver flushes and parasite cleanses were more at the beginning of my journey toward health, whereas the fasts began happening later. Now I try and do at least 3 juice fasts per year. I believe I've only done one so far this year, and am getting ready to begin another one here pretty soon. I have another one planned for November. Spring and fall seem to be when I do the most of them.

But pretty much I just rely on my instincts and do them whenever my body begins telling me that I need to. Whenever I feel the need to "reboot," so to speak.

removed

There are so many different ways to detoxify! It doesn't need to be a structured system or cleanse; it can be something small and that is time-efficient. For example, juicing and dry body brushing are great ways to detoxify our bodies, and they don't take much time at all, and can be done regularly.