How many miles to you walk/run per day?

Pat

Good job with the walking. I have been doing about 2.5 daily, I have not lost as much weight as I want to so I am upping the goal to 5 miles a day. It has been 9-100 degrees for the last week. So I have not been out and I can feel it. At 6am it is 80 degrees out. Will just have to sweat more than usual.

gina121

I try and aim at 5 miles (of slow jogging or walking), but end up finishing well below 4, either because of lack of time or an ankle/knee pain. Three miles is good. After a while, you will want to up that on your own. There used to be a time when I couldn't do more than two miles at a stretch. lol

Pushhyarag2000

I'm 54 and have an active 9 to 6 job so I have built walking in my daily routine: I walk about 2.5 miles to & from office with a backpack weighing around 5-6 lbs. I live in a humid climate so I sweat quite a bit but I feel healthy nevertheless. For people like me who can find inclination/time for a dedicated exercise regimen, I think I am doing well. :) I encourage people to walk. If any one is interested in reading more about walking on a dedicated site, here is the useful link: http://www.thewalkingsite.com/index.html

Luvkenny

I don't know how many miles I walk each day. I walk a lot though. I walk as much as I can throughout the day. I do zumba, right now it's aqua zumba and it's every other night. On my off nights, when it cools down at night I hit the road walking. I'm guessing it's about 5 miles and I walk up and down hills.

iluvmario

I run between 2-3 miles 5-6 times each week. This works very well for me and I do not have a problem with my weight. I can pretty much eat whatever I want.

claudine

I run every morning for about 15 minutes, I don't know how many miles I do, I run rather slowly, so probably not many. I want this to be fun, not torture, so 15 minutes are enough for me:p

beckyv1265

Due to injury's sustained in a car accident years ago I am unable to walk /run for very far. my hip and back scream at me when I try. I do have a pedal exerciser that I use while sitting in a chair to exercise my arms and leggs. I also use small free weights for my arms. I tend to pedal when I am watching tv or sitting at the computer.