How Long Should We Meditate?

captain

Meditation is really great in relaxing the body. How long should a meditation be for it to be beneficial? What should we do or where should we go so that we won't be disturbed from our meditation?

GivingBack

You need a quiet area of your house or garden to do this so that you won't disturbed. Setting it up so that it is relaxing with soft furniture, soft lighting and gentle music can help. As for how long-well, how long do you need?

chabella

All Lady
I have gone long enough that I have fallen asleep while meditating and sometimes that's the best thing I could ask for, its like the best cat nap ever. :D

I can go anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour, but that would be about the tops for me.

moonafter

An hour is a long time to meditate. I usually do meditation for half an hour. Though, my friend said that you will start feeling the benefits of meditation immediately only if you meditate for at least three hours. But who would meditate for that long?

NatureMom

I agree-there simply are not enough hours in the day to give that much time to meditation. Maybe if you were on holiday and it was one of your primary aims, but otherwise I don't think it's feasible.