How long is too long?

gina121

No desire as such to live up to 100. Ideally, I'd like to pass away when I am feeling old mentally, and feel my body is not keeping up with my mind. But until then, I'd like to make the most of what life has to offer in the here and now.

shaunche

It depends how healthy you are when you are really old. Of course we will suffer from more health problems at that age but you can still remain relatively healthy both physically and mentally if you life a good life. I wouldn't like to be old and living in a care home, though.

aphil

The human body is able to regenerate with the proper care and spirit and I want to live and continue to enjoy life and declare the great works of the Creator. Lifestyle has a lot to do with it and we don't have to "die from something". We can eat right and stay active and think nourishing thoughts and treat the creations and one another with respect.
Victor, you say glorious, but depending on your definition of glorious, your life could be glorious and long.

If I am in a vegetative state then just kill me...I tell my family all the time to put me out of my misery if something like that happens; like a Terry Schiavo situation.

If I don't realize I am pooping when I go then let's end it.

srj

I want to live as long as I enjoy life. If you are not enjoying life, what is the point of living? Maybe all the vitamins really help and I am still a healthy man when I am 90 years old, who knows?

sandooch

Three of my grandparents lived to their early 90s, so I have a pretty good shot at getting to that age before kicking the bucket. I just hope that as I get older than I don't have too many health conditions that would keep me from enjoying life. I wouldn't like to have to live out the last 20 or so years using a walker or a wheel chair.

claudine

I think there is no boundary, there isn't any 'too long'. In my opinion the longer is the better when it comes to life, of course as long as we are healthy and mentally fit. It would be the best if we could live forever.

ghanashyam

Banned
The average life of an Indian is 72 years, there are people who have crossed 100 but I think they never had a hectic life like me. My family average life span is 80 years, think like I will be able to reach that.

ProForums777

How long is to long, when your body is telling you to stop moving, because it is too painful to get up, or move down. When that happens, is time to call it quits, the best way possible. However, there is to much that the world has to offer, by that time people have grand kids, and are still eating at fine restaurants. The answer is, is never to long, bring on cybernetics, renewable body parts, any except the brain. It may sound out of a movie, but you would be surprise how much technology there is out there.