How long is too long?

Waynefire

I like the point about eating the proper foods and balancing this with diet and exercise. When you do these items, it is possible to have the proper lifestyle. However, the big catch is many people eat the processed stuff the stores are selling and this can easily lead to a shorter life span.

Ja'cobeC

They have a lot of people over 100 years old but I wish not to live that long. They have these Chinese twin that are 100 something but I don't believe it before you can tell it's a lie.

beckyv1265

I could care less when I die. I am far more concerned about living now and having as much fun as I can while I am here. Life should be fun.

Esperahol

How long do you think is too long to live in this tiny planet?
So are you hoping people will die off or something? I mean what are you trying to say exactly regarding how long someone has the right to live on this planet?

save27

I think the actual length of life is not the most important thing. I remember reading that Alexander the Great, when he was young, was asked whether he wanted a long and peaceful life or a short and glorious one. He chose short and glorious.

For me, it's what I put into my life that matters the most. Let it be glorious. If it's going to be short, so be it. I would have no regrets.
Except for Alexander the Great was still bored after he conquered everything. So it is best to spend time in something that will be long-lasting and change things for the better.

Ja'cobeC

So are you hoping people will die off or something? I mean what are you trying to say exactly regarding how long someone has the right to live on this planet?
I guess he was just tired of living or something lol. People that is mad with life so that type of stuff.

mudrock

I wouldn't worry about how long is too long. I'm thankful that I am alive and in good health because there are many people in the world who are not. My grandaunt lived to be over 100 years old and even though she always talked about wanting to pass on, I know she enjoyed life. Enjoy life!

shaunche

I want to live as long as possible and I intend to be healthy and active in old age. Most people die prematurely, even death at 90 is premature. My lifestyle now, at 25, is the ultimate life insurance, that's how I see it. I fully expect to reach 100!

MellowGuy

"Life is short". If you consider the total age of this "tiny planet", a person who reaches over 100 is not even a blip in the radar. And sadly, most of that lifetime is probably wasted thinking about death or the afterlife. So to me, there is no such thing as too long. Life is something to be lived as fully and as long as you can. See you in 1000 years!

Ja'cobeC

I don't know why but it seem like you hate life for some odd reason. Get out the house a enjoy it dude, because life is to short to worry about when you will die. That is the last thing on my mind and I could careless about it.

Lena51

You are so right, life is to short to sit around waiting to die. You better get up off of it and have some fun and enjoy your life. Tomorrow is not promised to anyone, so you should enjoy each day to the fullest and don't think about when you are going to die because you are wasting your time away.

ohiotom76

I wouldn't want to live to be 100. Being gay and without kids, this would be a miserable situation. The less coherent I become I don't understand the purpose of sticking around.

shaunche

I recently read that your chances of living to 100 are 1 in 10,000. It seems genetics play a significant role in how long you live. Some people simply have strong longevity genes and they can live long irrespective of lifestyle. If people in your family have lived to 100, your chances improve significantly.

Laurasav

Although I would love to live on this planet forever, I wouldn't want to live past the age of 70 or so mainly because I don't want to have to deal with a lot of the pain and sicknesses i would experience. I have gotten a lot of injuries and am prone to arthritis in all my joints so I know that when I am older, I am going to have a tough time moving around and getting to places. My grandma is currently at a health 83 years old and she still takes long walks in the mornings and afternoons. I hope that I could be as healthy as her in the future.
See, I'm with you. I live with chronic pain, various injuries and also depression. I'm ready to move on to the next world anytime - the sooner the better! I hate the thought of growing old and suffering even more than I suffer now. My husband though loves life and he'd be happy to live to 100. I have an aunt who will be turning 86 next month. She's in awesome health & will most likely live past 100! As long as you're healthy life is good!

Lena51

There is so much research now that you can live without pain so why won't you want to or try natural cures for yourself and see if that don't help you. Don"t just sit around and do nothing about it, get off you tush and research what can help you and you never know what can happen for the good of your body. There is a lot of information on this forum that you can try and also use for a lot of those ailments that you are complainting about. Don't knock it until you've tried it. Have you lost your marbles, you have to do for you, no one can do or try something for you, Laurasav.

Meow

I'm not too concerned either way. I just want to die to old age, not some illness or painful death.

When it happens is pretty irrelevant. I'd actually prefer it happen when I'm able to move and think effectively still, as opposed to far down the road when I'm just a shell of myself.

Sage

I wouldn't mind living to a 100 if I am healthy and mentally alert. I would not want to be around and have no clue who I am or where I am. I would also want to be well enough to get around on my own. I watched my Dad spend his last few months in a wheelchair and I know it made him miserable.

Lena51

I know what you mean about living to and beyond 100 yrs. of age. You know as long as a person takes care of himself/herself I don't see the need to worry. God will call you when he has the space for you, until then as I always say, life is to short to worry about those things, enjoy your here and now, in the moment each and every second.

Waynefire

I will live here as long the good Lord allows me to. When he calls me home, though, I will be more then happy to go home. Then I can spend all of my eternity with the Lord.

Beth23

I dont believe the soul ever dies so I plan to live forever. Maybe not in this body but in some form. It will just be a new journey to take. If you spend your time worring or thinking always about the road ahead you tend to miss whats right in front of you on the path.