Horrible Cramps

SoftRain

I just started my second postpartum period and it has just been awful. I've been cramping like mad and am so uncomfortable and out of sorts.

What do you do for relief and to pamper yourself at such a time?

Luvkenny

Hot baths and a heating pad always helped me. Are you taking any medicine for the cramps? Aleve is the one that works the best for me. You only have to take 2 each day instead of 2 every couple of hours.

aunaturel

I do heat, too, only I use a rice sock instead of the heating pad. That way it conforms to exactly where I need it to be. Believe it or not, instead of NSAIDs, if you can take aspirin, try that. Aspirin is the best one for that time because it thins the blood a bit.

freshfoodie

I do hot baths quite a bit. I also eat chocolate and consume caffeinated beverages. I am not sure what it is,but they seem to calm down the cramping.

Hyacinth

My mother used to tell me that when cramps attack, I should lie face down. I follow her advice until now. Somehow it helps ease the discomfort. I also use a heating pad, and when the pain is at its worst, I take a pain reliever.

SoftRain

I usually take ibuprofen, which helps at least a little. I never have time to sit down with a heating pad or rice sock but maybe I should make time.

The strange thing is that my period has been extremely light thus far.

Lyra

I use a hot salt pack to help relieve pain. I also discovered that nettles can ease cramping. I was taking them for several months for something else, and I noticed that my cramping diminished dramatically. I found out that one of the known benefits of nettles is that they help to tone the uterus. I can only conclude that that can reduce the amount of work the organ needs to do, thus decreasing painful cramps.