Honey for Coughs

SoftRain

Do you take a spoonful of honey to help soothe a cough? I had a tickle in my throat last night and the honey took care of it just like that! Hopefully the cough doesn't come back: so far, so good.

WeepingWillow

Whenever I have a cough or a cold, I mix some honey into some hot tea. It really helps to soothe my throat, plus it is yummy.

Lyra

I put mine in tea, also. I make my kids eat a spoonful of it, but I can't quite manage a spoonful, straight up, for myself. I like honey, but not enough for that much all at once.

Myrrh

Whenever I have cough or colds, I turn to making myself a cup of tea with honey and lemon. The drink is soothing and a good home remedy. For some reason, I can't eat honey as is.

2Nature

I'm taking honey all the time and I hope it helps as you say. One thing is certain, it is ridiculously delicious - nature's perfect food.

SoftRain

I put mine in tea, also. I make my kids eat a spoonful of it, but I can't quite manage a spoonful, straight up, for myself. I like honey, but not enough for that much all at once.
Yes, a spoonful of straight honey is a bit much! I can slather it over bread all day, but by itself it's very rich. My daughter can't stand honey by itself.