Herniated Bellybutton...Looks Gross!

Well it has been going on over 3 years now that my husband has had an herniated bellybutton. It looks gross, it is bulging everywhere. How do I get him to get this fixed...? We finally have health insurance now, so he can't use that as an excuse..he has to hold his stomach every time he coughs or sneezes..I am very concerned about the dangers. Any help would be much appreciated.

There is a surgical procedure for that, it is called herniorrhapy. You have to visit your doctor to assess the hernia and he will tell you on how to fix it.

amy71219

My son had surgery to fix his herniated belly button when he was 2. The surgery was not difficult and my son was back to running around in no time, although the surgery could be more difficult on an adult and I'm sure the hole on your husband's belly button is larger than a 2 year olds. It can be dangerous if not fixed because his intestines could come out that hole and get trapped (at least that is what the doctor told us).
Have you talked to him about getting it done and he doesn't want to or are you afraid to bring it up?

misumaru15

I think you should talk to him and make an appointment. Go with him to it. He is probably scared. Men can sometimes be more frightened than children. He could just be afraid and scared. Let the doctor tell him of the dangers of not getting treatment. He may be a bit more receptive.

hunysukle

No offense, but that sounds disturbing. If this problem is interferring with his everyday life, it's probably time to have the problem fixed. Since you have health insurance, there's no point in waiting to take care of it.