Helping Oily Skin?

I<3Peppermint

Does anyone know how I could decrease the oil production on my skin? I have a terribly oily scalp and face and it's a pain to have to shower once in the morning before work and then again in the evening if I'm going out. Anyone?

Victoria

How often do you shampoo? I get pretty greasy hair if I don't shampoo every day. I also wash my face twice a day. When I washed three times a day my face seemed oilier. I have the same problem so I'd like to hear more about it as well!

Myrrh

I've got an oily skin, too. I've been using water-based facial products as advised by a dermatologist, and so far the oiliness has been reduced. I think that washing your face twice a day is enough. Washing the face frequently can increase production of more oil.

I<3Peppermint

To answer your question, Victoria, I shampoo once a day if I'm not going out in the evening but I have to have another shampoo when I get home from work if I'm going out. Thanks for the suggestion, Myrrh, I'll try that.

Victoria

To answer your question, Victoria, I shampoo once a day if I'm not going out in the evening but I have to have another shampoo when I get home from work if I'm going out. Thanks for the suggestion, Myrrh, I'll try that.
Have you tried to switch shampoos? Sometimes I feel a change in texture and oiliness when I change to a different brand. I wonder if they make shampoo designed for oily scalps? I might look into that.

boobah

You might be overdoing it with 2 shampoos a day. Also, you might think about a diet change. Try eating more of the deep green vegetables and see if that has any effect.

I<3Peppermint

Thanks everyone. I'll try these suggestions and see how it goes. I don't eat a lot of fried foods but it seems like it just gets worse instead of better no matter what I do. I'm going to change shampoos after I go to the store tomorrow. Thanks again!

Jasmyne

Oily skin doesn't wrinkle as dry skin does, as it ages, so at least you'll still be looking good when you're older.

It's a genetic thing, and well, there's not a lot that can be done about it... my partner is like that, kissing his forehead after dinner is better than any chapstick I've ever used: I have the opposite problem.

I know that epsom salt rinses can help with out over-drying skin, but I don't know about it's use on hair.