Hello all!

happyherbs

Hi everyone.

Thought I'd introduce myself. I am known as Happyherbs or Jen, whichever is preferred. :) I live in Eugene, Oregon. I have been an avid herbal researcher for over thirteen years. I have only recently discovered the benefits of herbal medicine. Unfortunately, there are lots of docs out there that believe herbal medicine is inferior. I disagree. I am by no means an expert, but my strongest area is medicine and pharmacology (from an allopathic perspective). I've been taking a lot of medication over the years for psychosis and depression as well as migraines and mild gastroparesis. When I lost hope in conventional medicine, I sought herbal medicine and I use both types, with utmost care that I do not mix things that shouldn't be mixed. :)

I LOVE this forum and look forward to posting!

Happyherbs :)

happyherbs

Could be better. I had to have an incision and drainage of a wound under my arm. I have hidradenitis suppurativa, a blocked sweat gland, basically. I am in loads of pain, my doc did not give me anything for it. If anyone knows any herbal medicine to help this skin condition (as long as it doesn't hurt more!), I'm all ears. :)

Happyherbs :)

wanderingherb

Ouch I feel for you.
Can you use warm packs or since just having surgery can you call and tell them you hurt and maybe they have some suggestions. I know for swelling I like to switch cold and hot. Hot makes it feel better and pulls and helps drain, but cold brings down swelling which helps. And by switch I don't mean one after another. Do warm then wait a couple of hours and do cold.

But your speaking of surgery and that serious business. You have an incision so you need to call and ask first.

wanderingherb

happyherbs

I was told to use a cold compress. The doctor I saw today put me back on some more evil antibiotics (I really don't like them!) because she said that my incision and drainage procedure could be getting infected. Tomorrow I go back and have the wound repacked. Ugh. It's just nasty and makes me want to faint. LOL. I can look at other people's ouchies and not be affected. Guess when it comes to me, I get a little squeamish. :p

Happyherbs