Healthier = Smarter

wonderfuls

I do not really doubt that but you know as a child and even a teen and into my 20' I was always active both mental and physical. Now I have slowed down and it seems that age, years lax and sanity is all catching up with me.

Richard

I agree that it's common knowledge among most people, but I guess that others need assurances from doctors every now and then to make sure they're on the right track.

Saffron

This is what I'm wondering...whether or not sustained physical exercise has the same impact on an older individual. Many of us as we age become less and less active...it would be great to know exercise would have a similiar impact on us.

boobah

I would love to see the relationship between nerve growth and exercise. As we get older our nerves grow slower. If there was a specific exercise routine we could to to prevent that it would be wonderful.

question

I know exercise is good for you but sometimes I just can not find the time to do it. I do not know if it makes me smarter but it makes me think more clearly.

Jimmy

I don't know if it matters as much when we're older. I think when your whole body is still growing, it's important that everything keeps moving and circulating at maximum velocity.

curer

The article is quite interesting. It's a fact that the more fitter, the more smarter you will be. Yes, there is a world of truth in the saying "Sound mind in a sound body". Schools do have a physical education classes precisely for this reason. Buck up children, keep yourself fitter and become smarter.