Headache tip

lettuce

I read a long time ago that squeezing the skin between your thumb and index finger can help alleviate headaches because the pressure point there is connected to your head. Does anyone else do this?

Brea

I have not tried this remedy out. Does it really work? I have heard that sniffing spearmint helps relieve a headache. I tried it, and it seemed to work.

chabella

All Lady
I have heard of this before but I think it only works for certain people. I know I can sometimes get it to work but my husband can not. No idea what the difference between us is (other than the obvious).

SoftRain

I've heard this tip too and I tried it but all it did was make that spot hurt too. I guess I squeezed it too hard.

MarBell

My husband has terrible headaches, but these remedies have not helped him. I would love to find something to help alleviate some of the pain he gets. He's had them for thirty years, so I don't know that there's much out there.

jason

Have a great day
I always thought you were supposed to massage that area, not squeeze it. But it never worked for me, so maybe it is just put pressure on it.

Hyacinth

I have heard about this quick and natural solution to relieve headaches from several people, but I actually haven't tried doing it. The area between the thumb and the index finger is said to be an acupuncture point.

naturelady

I do it! It works for me! Usually, unless it is a mild headache, it does not make the headache go away completely. But it does give me some relief.

chabella

All Lady
Does it maybe depend on the type of headache you have? I know that sometimes a tension headache will vary compared to say a sinus headache.

MarBell

I haven't heard of this headache remedy, but I'll be sure to try it the next time I get one of those headaches. I get them when I'm driving long distances. I think it's a combination of sunlight and not being able to rest my eyes.

strawberry

I've tried it for regular headaches and for migraines. It doesn't really work for me, but I did get very temporary relief on a regular headache once. I just considered this a fluke because the headache came back almost immediately and it's never helped since.

I have heard about this point, and have tried it, but with no real relief. I don't know if maybe I did not do it properly or if it depends on the type of headache since normally I get migraines. It is a good tip for those that it works for, so I hope that some will find relief from it!

save27

Aw, I wish I would have read this thread sooner! I had really bad headaches a couple of days ago, and didn't know what to do!

Oh well. It will probably be a while before I test this out, as I usually don't get really bad headaches.

dziomek

I have tried it as I have had a chronic headache since November. I did not notice any improvement, but did make my hand hurt. I am guessing perhaps I squeezed too hard as well. There must be a very specific spot to press, and it sounds like too much pressure is not a good thing either. I will try it again; soon. :)

RHarber

I have heard of this technique and tried it myself. I'm not really sure if it worked, but pinching the area right at the top of the bridge of my nose and between my eyebrows seems to relieve a lot of tension when I have headaches. Also running your fingers firmly across the bone area where your brows are seems to help as well. It makes sense these have an affect as they seem to target the same things that acupuncture does (pressure points and shakra points). Also when I have a strong headache squeezing the back of my neck by cupping right below the place where my neck and head meet seems to relieve a lot of tension.