HAVE YOU EVER USED FENNEL SEEDS

ssamcd

I was reading about fennel seeds and its benefits. Fennel seeds can help regulate menstrual periods, help increase mothers milk supply, and relieve the symptoms if menopause. Just wondering has anyone ever used it and what you opinion of fennel seeds are? Thank you for your feedback.

Laurasav

I've never heard of these benefits for fennel seeds! I've cooked with fennel before, but never knew of its benefits. I've recently had a hysterectomy so most of the benesfits you've listed would be wasted on me, but someday soon I may need to look into the menopause relief!

I have heard of the benefits but just can't get past the taste. I do put them into my pasta sauce because it gives it a nice kick but I just haven't found any other way to use them that I like. I have heard of the benefits but just can't get past the taste. I do put them into my pasta sauce because it gives it a nice kick but I just haven't found any other way to use them that I like. I once tried to use them after a meal because I knew they can help freshen your breath and stimulate good digestion. I almost got sick! I just can't take the flavor of them alone. You can make them into a tea as well but I am still trying to get to the point where I LIKE herbal tea.

shaunche

I use fennel seeds often, I love the aniseed flavor. I have a big bag of fennel seeds in the cupboard and I use the seeds a few times per week. I usually crush the seeds in a pestle and mortar and use the powder to flavor my meals. Fennel seeds are also good for digestion.

dissn_it

I have only used them in cooking as well. I also crush them like shaunche does. My favorite is to use them in a seasoning rub on a grilled talipia served with an orange segment and sliced fennel salad. I didn't know about the health benefits before reading this. It is good to know!

Carolynn

I have heard of the benefits before, but I have never really used them other than in recipes that called for them. Like Happy, I really don't care for the taste of them that much to use them more than that.