Hatfields and McCoys

Laurasav

Who caught the miniseries of the Hatfields and McCoys on the History Channel? We recorded the 3-part miniseries and just watched the last segment last night. It was so good, my husband and I both loved it. It made me sad though to see what all the hatred between the two families brought about. What a tragedy! I am now wanting to find a good book to read more about this epic event in our American history. Does anyone know of an interesting book on the Hatfield and McCoy subject?

save27

I have recorded it, but I have no idea what it is about. What is the background info? Is it realistic?

jblythe4

It was awesome! It was really true to what actually happened. They really didn't miss a beat on validity. save27, it is about a feud of two American families dating back to our Civil War. This is definitely a must watch.

save27

It was awesome! It was really true to what actually happened. They really didn't miss a beat on validity. save27, it is about a feud of two American families dating back to our Civil War. This is definitely a must watch.
Ok, so it sounds like it would be quite interesting. I think I will watch it sometime, thanks for letting me know how good it was!

jason

Have a great day
I enjoyed it. I do not get much time on the TV in the family room, so I had it on while I worked. A few times I did take a quick break to watch a scene or two.

Lena51

It seems to be pretty interesting, I had it on but just caught bits and pieces of it. I want to watch the series from beginning to end without so many interuptions. I didn't have time to just sit down and watch so that will be on my to do list. I would like to get this on DVD and watch all by myself so I can enjoy it.

freshfoodie

I wish I would have caught this documentary because my sister was telling me how good it was. She was Googling away trying to find more information. I think that is the sign of a good documentary when it moves you to want to learn more.

SoftRain

I enjoyed it myself. I don't know how historically accurate it was, but it was a good story nonetheless. In the beginning, I was rather sympathetic to Anse Hatfield, but as time went on, they were both equally crazy about the whole thing. What a waste of time and lives it was.