Hate milk

smellsrfun

I'm not a fan of milk but I need to make sure I get the nutrients that milk gives us. What other ways can I get calcium or everything else? I'm not a fan of yogurt either.
Thoughts?

SuzyQ

What about cheese? This is the tastiest way to get your calcium and you do need it. There's not many foods rich in calcium apart from milk, cheese and yoghurt. Sardines are calcium rich also I believe but only if you eat the bones.

CindyJ

Many foods and drinks are now fortified with calcium. One of the ways I used to sneak it in with my kids was calcium fortified orange juice.

Janet

I agree with CindyJ, try to consume more foods and beverages fortified with calcium. Also try to up your intake of other dairy products. Have you ever thought of mixing fruit with yogurt, it tastes so much better that way.

Treehugger

Another good source of calcium if green, leafy foods such as spinach. I buy baby spinach leaves and mix them in with my salad every night. If you don't like any of those you can always take a calcium supplement.

Glinda

Dark, leafy greens are a great source of calcium. You can put them in soups and stews if you don't want to eat them raw. Doesn't broccoli also have a high calcium content?

Natural

If you are not a picky eater then I would suggest ligaments from cows. They contain much calcium because they are soft bones. You can stew it with cabbage and potatoes. It makes me hungry right now.

chabella

All Lady
In the past 15 years or so I have noticed milk tastes more "watered down" than ever. When I was a kid I remember it tasting rich and full, now its just like blah. Not sure how to describe it, and for this reason alone is why I eat more cheese. :)

greentea

Dark, leafy greens are a great source of calcium. You can put them in soups and stews if you don't want to eat them raw. Doesn't broccoli also have a high calcium content?
Yes, broccoli is a great source of calcium. I read that it has a high calcium absorption rate (about 52%). The other good alternative of calcium sources are brussel sprouts, mustard greens and turnip greens.

smellsrfun

Well I love broccoli and other leafy greens... I didn't know that they were rich in calcium. I bet I get enough Calcium every day. I do like some cheeses, but too much cheese bothers my stomach.