Hair removal - age

chabella

All Lady
I know I started young but to be fair I was hardheaded and I am part German (so that sums up the "why"). When did others start shaving or another type of hair removal? I am fearing that my youngest is going to take after me and she is starting to show some on the legs but thankfully no where else. What is the right age, is there one?

Pinkle

I say the right age is when the hair starts to grow there. I remember shaving my legs around 11 years old, but a friend of mine's little sister had dark hair on her legs about 9 or 10 years old. Her parents wouldn't let her shave it though, so every time she wore shorts to school everyone made fun of her. :(

aunaturel

The right age varies, but I would postpone it as long as possible. Once you start shaving, it gets thicker and grows faster. I was about 14, but really should have begun when I was 12. My father kept saying I didn't need to shave until I was allowed to wear sheer pantyhose, which was at the beginning of high school. I had a pretty strict upbringing.

Primrose

I don't remember when I started to shave. I do have a grandaughter that is 12 and she had to start shaving last year. She is way more developed that other girls her age so it was a necessity. I think it all depends on developmental levels. When it's time, it's time.

chabella

All Lady
I tend to see more developed kids these days and I am trying to remember exactly when I started. Oddly enough I remember when I started to dabble with makeup but I can not remember this, though it does feel like decades. :rolleyes: