Hair loss or thinning

Greenwoman

My boyfriend has thinning problems with his hair, and has been looking for natural remedies on how to fix it. Does anyone have any recommendations? Are there any diet adjustments he should make?

My wife tells me that when I start to go bald then I should just shave it instead of trying to hide it or look ridiculous. She said that it will look hot, so maybe that works for you too.

sandooch

My husband and I each take 5000 mcg of biotin a day (I was taking 10,000 mcg but cut back). I cut my husband's hair, so I was noticing that it was starting to get thin in the back. I started to give him the biotin and several months later the thinning has stopped.

shaunche

Your boyfriend should have a blood test to see if he has any vitamin and nutrient deficiencies. Deficiency in the essential vitamins and minerals can cause hair thinning. He might also want to consider stress management strategies if he is stressed.

My husband and I each take 5000 mcg of biotin a day (I was taking 10,000 mcg but cut back). I cut my husband's hair, so I was noticing that it was starting to get thin in the back. I started to give him the biotin and several months later the thinning has stopped.
I second this as I have personally tried biotin and noticed a significant improvement in hair quality. My hair also went from a sort of dull gray/dark brown to absolute jet black in 2 weeks. B5 is also speculated to help, but less so than biotin.

aphil

Nutrients are important and also circulation via massage and herbs that stimulate the circulation. I've heard that hair pores can get clogged as well, so opening the pores, perhaps with steaming, and then cleaning the scalp, it may help.

Greenwoman

I have never heard biotin, but it pleases me that many people have found it to work! Exactly, what is it? I know what B5 is, and I do have a feeling that the problem could very well be a lack of nutrients in his diet. I will definitely recommend that he get tested just to know for sure. Thank you all very much!

sandooch

Biotin is also known as vitamin H or B7. If your boyfriend isn't getting enough protein in his diet, that could also be contributing to the problem. Hair is made up of mostly protein.

HealthyS7

I use jojoba oil on my eyebrows to help them grow back thicker. It is working. Don't give up. There are tons of options. Start with a good multi, take a hair, nail and skin supplement and relax! Stress can contribute to hair loss.

ohiotom76

I've noticed my hair is thinning as well. I've always worn a short buzz cut for like 10 years now, and a few months ago I tried to grow it out a little and that's when I really noticed it. My sides and back are growing out faster than the top and the top isn't as thick as it used to be.

ProForums777

Isn't the best solution for that hair transplants? There are a lot of men that put on transplants, I don't think it cost more than $10,000. I'm sure there are special reasons why you want him to look like a stud, so I suggest, paying for it, instead of having to wait and see if products work. It is very rare when one of those hair products work, but if you find one let me know as well. Other than that, I recommend just getting the transplants.

sandooch

She never said that she wanted her boyfriend to look like a stud. She is just trying to help him look for natural remedies for hair thinning. Why shell out $10,000, which not everyone has laying around, for hair transplants when an inexpensive supplement like biotin may work? And it only takes around 3-4 months to tell if it's working. Hardly very long at all when you think about it.

gar

My brother in law that was once totally bald has grown some hair due to mane and tale shampoo. Maybe you should try this too. There are lots of reviews about this shampoo saying its effective.

jovan107

I believe you boyfriend can take a supplement with lots of biotin or try massaging the thinning area twice a day with castor oil.

Greenwoman

I am definitely going to try the caster oil and biotin idea. I did some research, and though there isn't much proven research on it, it definitely couldn't hurt to try it. Heck, I think I may try taking it to get my woolly mane long and thick again.

catevanne

There are lots of new products on the market that have natural ingredients in them....seems like some of them could work. And what about Nioxin products-there is a shampoo and some scalp stimulants that have worked for people.