GMO foods

Carolynn

GMO foods have been found to be harmful and long term effects cannot possibly be known yet. For those of you who want to avoid them read this. It is an article that tells you how to read produce bar codes so you can tell how something was grown (GMO, Non GMO, organic, etc.).

Esperahol

That isn't science it is fearmonging and correlation (which is not casuation). They have issues with the pesticides, but feel like they should attach that fear to the soya. Honestly that kind of tomfoolery does more to hurt the legitmancy of the arguement against GMO than help it.

beckyv1265

What you mean my twinkie is not good for me? Oh the horror. We have been eating GMO's for years. They started modifying drought resistant and pest resistance corn for yeras now. Unless you grow it yourself and use heirloom seeds you probably have already been eating the stuff for years. I agree that we should have the choice. But if you are really concern grow a garden or join a co-op. If people don't buy they will be forced to stop. That usually sends a bigger message.

shaunche

That isn't science it is fearmonging and correlation (which is not casuation). They have issues with the pesticides, but feel like they should attach that fear to the soya. Honestly that kind of tomfoolery does more to hurt the legitmancy of the arguement against GMO than help it.
So the 160 physicians, researchers and health workers are all collaborating to scare the public? Why would they do that?

We know pesticides are not good for the human body - they are made to repel pests, toxic chemicals.

deb

GMO foods sound scary, but they are generally not in reality. They exist to feed more people, actually, and to produce better/more sustainable crops.
GMO food does not exist to produce more or for sustainability. Most are genetically engineered to be resistant to herbicides or to produce an insecticide in the plant itself. Some are genetically engineered to produce more than one triat. One I've found has been engineered for 7 or 8 traits. Sometimes, if they actually produce more, the plant has been hybridized for greater crops and then genetically engineered to be resistant to herbicide and/or produce an insecticide. Though the government and biotech companies want us to believe they are safe, there are questions that "science" may not have even checked. It's best to assume they are not safe and avoid them whenever possible,