Foot Detox

Brea

A long time ago, my husband got a sample in the mail of some kind of detox pad. You put it on your feet and the white pad turned black as it "sucked" all the toxins out. I just remembered about this, and wondered if anyone knew anything about it. What is in that bag?

wanderingherb

Good question. I've been having folks ask me about this and unfortunately I'm clueless. No idea. Not sure what is up but evidently its a definite fad right now.

Hyacinth

I have never heard of detox foot pads before but it sounds intriguing and I want to try it! I looked it up and it says that these detox foot patches contain bamboo vinegar and a mineral called tourmaline. :rolleyes:

I have heard of these and seen the "black" nasty stuff that comes out but I don't know if I believe that you can detox over night through your feet. I guess if someone knows any studies or facts about it they can post it but to me it seems like another gimmick.

clewand550

This is the first time that I am hearing about this. I would be very interested in finding out more information about this too. Is it safe? What does it really do?

2Nature

I would definitely recommend some people if there was detox head pads. :D I also don't know anything about this but I am willing to find out.

lettuce

How does a white pad "suck" toxins out? It sounds like it may be able to clean your footsies a little bit, but that's it.

chabella

All Lady
I have no idea how it would work either but it would be interesting to find out. I am amazed at how our feet change the older we get, at least mine do. Its like I am pampering them every week (sounds bad huh). :)

Jessi

They don't actually work and are just a scam.

Check out the wikipedia article about them even, and they're not usually ones to dabble in scam stuff. I can't link to it because of my post count, but just google "detox foot pads" and it'll come up first. It basically quotes some of the research studies on them and the news reports that were done at the time they got really popular a couple years ago.

hunysukle

Those pads sound very interesting. Did you know that an onion will do the same thing? Cut an onion in half and place the flat sides against the bottom of your feet. Then put on a pair of white cotton socks. In the morning the onion will be black.

Parker

Those pads sound very interesting. Did you know that an onion will do the same thing? Cut an onion in half and place the flat sides against the bottom of your feet. Then put on a pair of white cotton socks. In the morning the onion will be black.
I haven't heard about a foot detox. This is a fascinating. I would try out the onion, but the smell of raw onions makes me queasy. I would love to know about the foot pad though.

Wolfette

Hmmm, the onion sounds interesting but smelly. I have tried the detox pads, which you can get at most drug stores in the US. They seemed to make me feel better but the nay slayers indeed pummeled the news with word of a scam.

But then again, any time something is labeled 'new age', 'home remedy', or 'natural' someone will be yelling scam. So I don't take the label 'scam' on the Internet as my final word. I say try it, if it works for you than so be it! halleluiah

konstantina

Detox foot pad is not something new. It is a pad that you are instructed to stick to your foot overnight and in the morning it has detoxified your whole system. Their dark color in the morning means reflects all the toxins that have been stuck to the pad and left your body. They contain some natural ingredients and minerals. Of course they are a scam. My advice is to use it if you get it for free, like your husband did, but not to give money for it until research tells you to!

Ok I have tried these. I can't say if they work or not but I did notice a big difference in my husband sweating. My husband is a heavy sweater especially when he is sleeping. I have to change the sheets and blankets at least twice a week because of the sour smell of his sweat in the bed. When he tried these foot pads, for a month after the smell of his sweat was not so sour. He would use it twice in a week and the smell would disappear.

Again I don't know how or if they really detox but I can't debate the smell.

Esperahol

But then again, any time something is labeled 'new age', 'home remedy', or 'natural' someone will be yelling scam. So I don't take the label 'scam' on the Internet as my final word. I say try it, if it works for you than so be it! halleluiah

If people distrust anything labeled 'new age', 'home remedy', or 'natural' can you really blame them? I mean half the time these things are actively dangerous and the other half of the time the results are minimal or none existent. I will always remember the dude who claimed his product was so safe that he would actually eat it. It turns out that his stuff took hair out rather than protected it. So yeah. As for this - it is most definitely a scam.

Bex

I have used detox foot pads, so I can speak from my experience with them. I think it's definitely a good idea to try a free sample first, but keep in mind that this really isn't an overnight process. To use detox foot pads as they are intended, you would need to use them for probably a minimum of every night for two weeks (and most likely longer). According to the instructions, you are supposed to keep using them until the pad is still clean when you remove it in the morning.

There is some controversy over how effective these are and about whether or not it is just the stuff inside the pad that makes the greenish-black, sort of greasy results that you will see in the morning. I'm not an expert and can't say whether or not that is true; however, I can say that I used them every night for one month, and it never got to where the pads were still clean in the morning. So, either I have a heck of a lot of toxins in my body, or something else is going on.

I just found some more of these pads when I was cleaning out my closet the other day, and I set them out to do another round of detoxing. So I suppose perhaps that is evidence that I at least believe in their effectiveness enough to give them another try, rather than just throw them out.

If others do this, I would love to hear about your results!