Foods to Avoid During Your Period

Myrrh

When I was younger, I heard my older folks saying that one should avoid eating chocolates sweet stuff, and sour food because they can trigger menstrual cramps and discomfort. Are there really specific foods that one should avoid during menstruation?

unhealthy

I"ve heard the opposite. The reason women want chocolate is because of the chemicals it releases when you eat it. I've always heard that you should avoid caffeine.

Victoria

I've read that chocolate is fine to eat but you should avoid caffeine. That's a problem for me because coffee helps me deal. I think it's strange though, that caffeine is not recommended but it's in Midol. I wonder why that is?

Myrrh

I've read that chocolate is fine to eat but you should avoid caffeine. That's a problem for me because coffee helps me deal. I think it's strange though, that caffeine is not recommended but it's in Midol. I wonder why that is?
It's kind of difficult for me to pass up coffee. :D I didn't actually know that Midol contains caffeine, so I tried to read about it. And yes, two caplets of Midol is equivalent to a cup of coffee in terms of caffeine content. From what I read, caffeine in Midol helps to reduce bloating since caffeine is a diuretic.