Flu-fighting Tea Recipe

Myrrh

I came across this tea recipe, and accordingly, it's a good immune-boosting drink that is perfect during this flu season. I have never tried concocting tea with this number of ingredients, but it sounds interesting. I am not sure where you can get raw honey though.

Ingredients
3 cups of water
Juice of half a lemon
1 cinnamon stick
3 slices (1/4 inch think) of fresh ginger
1/4 tsp cloves
1/2 tbsp. turmeric
1 pinch cayenne
1 1/2 tbsp raw honey

Directions
1. Add all ingredients (except honey) to a pot and bring to a boil.
2. Once boiling reduce heat and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
3. Add honey and stir, adding more if necessary.
4. Pour tea through a strainer and drink while warm.

Alli

This has all the ingredients of being a soothing drink when you're sick. You can get raw honey from anyone that keeps bees. If you live in the city, go online and see if there's anyone close that sells it. Thanks for sharing this recipe!

Lyra

This recipe looks much more palatable than other, similar flu-fighting drinks. Some I've seen include onions! No, thank you. The turmeric is the only ingredient I would need to purchase.

Last edited:

Myrrh

This recipe looks much more palatable for other, similar flu-fighting drinks. Some I've seen include onions! No, thank you. The turmeric is the only ingredient I would need to purchase.
I like onions on my pizza and in other recipes, but I don't think I can have it in my tea either. I just can't imagine how it would taste. :rolleyes: