Fleas

Charity

Is there a natural way to keep fleas away from cats (or even dogs)?

I do put the Advantage on my cat, but I hate using it. I am always afraid it is going to get on my kids hands and make them sick.

jason

Have a great day
You can try a rosemary flea dip. Two cups of fresh rosemary in boiling water for half an hour. Strain the liquid, and a gallon of warm water, and once cool pour over your pet allowing it to dry naturally.

Brewers Yease tablets in your dogs food. This works it way out through the dogs skin and fleas do not like it. Sort of like garlic to humans.

You can also wash your pet and apply some lavender essential oil to the base of the tail and at the neck.

Treehugger

Fleas do not like citrus so what I would suggest is to get a lemon and poke a few small holes in it. Pour 2 cups of boiling water over it in a bowl and let it sit overnight. You can sponge it on the animal or rinse them off with it and leave it after a bath.

Charity

Wow! Great suggestions. I will have to try all of them. All those remedies smell way better than the over the counter stuff the stores sell. Thank goodness my cat doesn't mind getting wet.

smellsrfun

I didn't know about any of these but they sound pretty cool. My cat hates water though, so I'm not sure how well I will be able to do this. I'm going to give it a try.

Charity

My cat didn't like water either. I have put her in the tub for a bath since she was just a kitten. She is use to it now. She just sits in the tub until I am done.