Fish oil

Glinda

Does anybody here take fish oil? I take it everyday because I heard it's good for heart health. The only problem is the directions say to take one pill three times a day and I have a hard time remembering to take it at different times. Some days I just take my morning pill and forget about the other two. I wonder if it's still beneficial if I take less than the recommended amount.

SuzyQ

I think anything is better than nothing. I make my husband take cod liver oil capsules too because he has had three heart attacks already. I have bought the highest dose so he only needs one per day. Maybe this would be easier for you?

Glinda

Yea, maybe I need to change the brand I use. It might be more expensive, but it would give me a more peace of mind to know that I'm taking the right amount. I wonder what the difference is between fish oil and cod liver oil.

moonafter

I have bought the highest dose so he only needs one per day. Maybe this would be easier for you?
So, which would be more beneficial for you, to take a moderate dose of fish oil several times a day or take the highest dose at once? Or does it not make a different?

SuzyQ

When our doctor prescribed Omega 6 for my husband it was such a high dosage that he would have had to take 10 over the counter tablets a day and this was all contained in a single capsule, so I think whatever is most convenient for you will work.

jason

Have a great day
I try to take fish oil. I am horrible with remember my vitamins though. I may only take them 3 days a week.

GetGoing

I try to take fish oil. I am horrible with remember my vitamins though. I may only take them 3 days a week.
And that is why we need to take vitamins so our memory will improve. Do what I do...put all that I need to take EVERYDAY on a tray beside the coffeemaker and my mug on the same tray so I do not forget. :)

thecure

I think that it is still beneficial even though you only take it once a day. You still get the good stuff in the fish oil. I used to do it myself for quite a while but I recently gave up. Not sure why though.