Fish oil or krill?

Lucinda

I've long read about the benefits of fish oil. I've read more recently that taking krill oil is even better. So which should I go with? How do others decide?

Lyra

I think krill oil is more expensive. I don't know if it's better or not, though there are definitely those who say it is. I think you can get the same benefits from a good fish oil supplement. Nordic Naturals are a quality brand.

Lucinda

I'll watch out for that brand, Lyra. I've not been shopping yet. There was also a show not long ago where Dr. Oz was touting the benefits of krill. I just can't remember what he was saying about the differences.

Aletha

I don't think there is a difference. I have been taking fish oil capsules for years and I've never had any problem with it. It's a lot cheaper than krill oil too.

Valerienne

If you have cod oil in mind, I would look for something else. I've read some article that said cod oil isn't effective in the way it's advertised (e.g. improve control and brainpower). The tests that allegedly proved brain-enhancing powers of cod oil, were full of technical and methodological errors.

SuzyQ

I used to buy cod liver oil capsules then I read that it's the Omega 3 that's the best, so I now just buy Omega 3 fish oil capsules. I also read that Krill oil is better but, you have to balance benefits with affordability, and I buy what I can afford.

aunaturel

Krill oil is fish oil, it's just from a better quality of fish. Krill oil is normally cold-pressed, while other types are not, which allows it to stay fresher and have more of the Omega 3s and other nutrients. Yes, it's more expensive, but it also doesn't come from fish with high levels of toxins.