Feel like urinating from time to time

gar

I have stopped drinking soda a year ago since I feel like urinating from time to time every time I have it. What could be the proper treatment for this? I haven't visited a Doctor for this.

ProForums777

I don't know, but everyone has their own internal system. Most things are mental, so if you go get a check up, and the doctor says you are OK. Just add a little more discipline to your life. Well, how do you stop from urinating when you want to, this is a hard one.

ghanashyam

Banned
Be careful, an urge to use the bathroom frequently is a first sign of DIABETES, check your sugar levels. Though urinating frequently may be the symptom of other malfunctioning too. Do you feel thirsty at the same time?

ohiotom76

I had to stop drinking coffee at work because of this too. There's some debate over whether or not it's a diuretic, but personally I believe it is. I was constantly having to go to the bathroom like every 20 minutes when I was drinking coffee, and I drink it black - no cream or sugar. It was horrible when I was in long meetings and couldn't leave, I could barely pay attention to the meeting. I switched over to just plain old ice water, and things got more under control.

gar

Be careful, an urge to use the bathroom frequently is a first sign of DIABETES, check your sugar levels. Though urinating frequently may be the symptom of other malfunctioning too. Do you feel thirsty at the same time?
Ohno we have diabetic grandfather, I hope not.

Yes. It does feel like I have to drink another. Some times I actually don't drink especially if I have to wake and pee in the late 3AM in the morning. I feel like drinking a bottle of water yet I don't want to wake up again and pee so I won't drink because of it.

Jatelo2

I have stopped drinking soda a year ago since I feel like urinating from time to time every time I have it. What could be the proper treatment for this? I haven't visited a Doctor for this.
Are you saying that this only happen when you take soda? Please give more information. However you may as well visit this site for personal diagnosis:
http://symptoms.webmd.com/

Luvkenny

I would think that if you only have this urge when you drink pop then it's not diabetes. Have you spoken to your doctor about it? I don't know why pop would make you need to go to the bathroom more than any other liquid.

gar

Are you saying that this only happen when you take soda? Please give more information. However you may as well visit this site for personal diagnosis:
http://symptoms.webmd.com/
The possible condition I've chosen to test myself for the symptom checker is Excessive Fluid Intake then Interstitial Cystitis then Kidney Infection and the result is Overactive Bladder. I must be wrong with Excessive Fluid Intake option. but the result is shocking. I don't think Overactive Bladder is possible.

its says :

An overactive bladder can cause you to feel a sudden, strong need to urinate. It can happen when nerve damage causes your bladder to contract when it shouldn't. Childbirth, infections, diabetes, prostate problems, and stroke are some causes of overactive bladder. It is more common in older adults, but it can happen at any age. An overactive bladder can cause frequent urination, a sudden need to urinate, and an accidental loss of urine. Left untreated, overactive bladder can cause people to limit their activities because of embarrassment.

artistry

If you eliminate the possibility of diabetes, then research for what exercises can be done by men, to strengnthen your urinary tract muscles, if such a thing is possible in men. Women do kelegs, I don't know if there is such a thing for men. Researched out of curiosity. Check: http://kegelexercisesformen.com Herbs which could help, Cleaver, Uva Ursi and Horsetail. Research them. Good luck.

Aletha

There are many things that it could be, but to be on the safe side, I would mention it to my doctor the next time you see them. It can be a first sign of diabetes, as someone mentioned above, but it could also just be a normal reaction to the extra fluid and things in the soda. Soda can be irritating to the bladder so it may just be your body wants to rid itself of the irritant as quickly as possible. It wouldn't hurt to have a good checkup anyway.

jovan107

I think you should inform you doctor about this the next time you visit. Also, use online resources to possibly eliminate certain illnesses. This can be a sign of diabetes as most posters have already mentioned.