Fear of Needles

Trust

Can acupuncture work for me if I have a major fear of needles? I'm wondering because I have really bad anxiety and would love it if I could find something that would lower the stress and get me off medication. I'm tired of being on meds. I just don't feel like putting all these chemicals in my body is going to help me. I want to do this naturally.

blossom

I am afraid of needles, but the kind use for acupuncture are not really puncturing you in the same sense. They are just placed slightly, you can't even feel it. The trick for me is to lay back, close my eyes and think happy thoughts.

TonicForMe

Acupuncture doesn't generally hurt. I've had treatments many times and I've never felt much of anything. It is very beneficial though. Very good for headaches and sinus trouble especially.

Healthy4us

Acupuncture is something I have not tried yet, but am very curious how it works. I had an Aunt that suffered her whole life with a bad back. Neighbors raved about this Acupuncture procedure. She tried it, and for the first time in her life got relief! :) Now that is saying something!

Joyce

I find as long as you don't watch them put the needles in, you should be okay. I have found acupuncture very effective for me.

Trust

I think you guys are right. When I do have it done, I'm just going to close my eyes and make sure to not think about it. Maybe I'll have my headphones in or something to help me relax.

Joyce

I used to take my Ipod and listen to it while they put them in. Now I have no issue with it anymore, doesn't bother me at all.