Ezekiel Bread

Primrose

Ezekiel Bread has been around for a long time but we have just started eating it on a regular basis. It is gluten free and if packed full of fiber. My husband has just said he'd like to keep some around all the time just for fiber purposes. I just wish it wasn't so expensive.

StarGazer

I have never heard of Ezekiel Bread. Is that a brand name or an actual type of bread? Maybe you could tell us more about it? I don't worry about gluten, normally, but I do try to increase my fiber intake.

Primrose

Ezekiel Bread is a recipe taken straight from the Bible. Ezekiel 4:9 lists 6 different grains and how they should be eaten. "Food for Life" is on company that makes this but I think there are other out there also. Most health food stores carry it and I've noticed some higher end grocery stores are beginning to carry it as well.

Myrrh

I had not heard of Ezekiel Bread until now. If it's a combination of 6 different grains then it must be really loaded with fiber. I'll check it out the next time I hit the supermarket.

MissEm

I have never tried it, but I was told that this is supposedly the bread that Ezekiel lived off of in the desert for two years and it is supposed to be nutritionally complete. Maybe I will get some next time I am at the store.

Cassia

I am not familiar with this type or brand of bread. I don't think I have ever seen it at the supermarket. It sounds interesting and healthy though. It will be a great source of fiber.

Elberberry

Ezekiel Bread is only available online in my area. I tried it once and it was actually pretty good. This thread is a good reminder that I should order some more.