Excessive sweating

smellsrfun

My husband has this problem all of a sudden (last 3 months or so), excessive sweating. It's not just his armpits, it's his forehead, feet, and back too.

What can he do? He is looking for something natural.

Equinox

I'm not sure of any remedies for sweating. This sounds kind of weird. He just sweats all the time out of no where? What about when he is in the cool indoors? It may be something he has to visit someone for.

Myrrh

I have read somewhere that there is a condition called hyperhidrosis, which is described as excessive sweating, and the sweating can happen any time without an obvious reason. I don't know much about natural ways to remedy this but I think there are treatments which are medical/dermatological in nature.

Cassia

I came across some articles which say that sage has the property to calm the nerves that produce sweat. Adding drops of peppermint to the bath water is also said to be a natural remedy for excessive sweating.

Waynefire

I have had this problem as well. I will have to try the sage and the peppermint to help out. If I go outside on a mildly warm day above 70F I start to sweat like no ones business!

antwanmon

Obviously, I recommend deodorant. However, you might want to try to make sure he showers frequently and scrubs his whole body with soap. If this doesn't work, then try wearing different clothes. Certain materials might heat him up or irritate/affect skin.

Ronald Ramos

There are some natural ways to cool things up a little. One can be wearing light colored shirts. They don't absorb heat as much as black. But then again, I have a question.

Do you know of any kind of event that happened 3 months ago? Did he have any kind of medical condition or crisis? Also, how old is he already? Diaphoresis can mean a lot of things from Anxiety to Hypothyroidism.

beckyv1265

It could be a hormone shift. I recomend he talk with his doctor about it. There could be another problem causing it if its something new.

EthanWang

My friend also has this problem. When we come to the gym, he sweats A LOT. You may think that it is normally for people to sweat in the gym, but from all the sweating from his feet and hands, this is absolutely irritating. Whenever he place his feet, he leaves a sweating mark right on the spot so i have asked him to find the best solution for this symptoms. After about 1 month, i have seen the improvements, real one! He said that he is using some kind of tea(sage or shag..) but he also mentioned that the smell is not nice at all so you better mix it with other kind of tea or ingredients ( i suggest honey as they can also cool your body heat too!) Anyway, the result is pretty good when i noticed the decrease in his sweating. No more foot print, no more sticky hand and the working out is now much better. Hope this helped and tell me if this solution is good for you !

rayne

If it just started in the recent past, he may want to go see his Dr. Has he changed anything in the way of medication recently? I would stay away from spicy foods, too may carbs and hot drinks like coffee or cocoa. However, sweating is the body's way of cleansing itself.

meowcow

I have seen this, although I only vaguely remember it, I think I saw this on TV on that Doctors show. I also kind of remember there being some sort of pill for it. Either way, just ask a doctor for professional help if it is becoming an issue. There could be a wide range or causes for this, and it will be very hard to tell without a professional. At least if medication for it doesn't exist then maybe the doctor will have a better insight on the cause of it and how to avoid or minimize it. Good luck!

Ja'cobeC

I have this same problems, because I just get hot throughout the day. It has to be cold for me to be feel good anywhere. I really hate this because I have to shower after going outside smh.

ohiotom76

Sweating is also a side effect of withdrawl from heavy drinking, and/or heavy drinking itself I believe. This has happened to myself and several of my close friends.

srj

I've heard eating salty foods make you sweat less. Also drinking water is said to help. Remember to use some anti perspirant deodorant.

sandooch

My 21-year-old daughter has had hyperhidrosis since she was a year old. I feel terrible for her because it's so bad that she has to wear sweaters in the summer when she goes out with friends because her armpits sweat so much. She's afraid to hold hands with a boy because her hand are constantly sweaty. It is not a nervous thing; she sweats just relaxing at home. I looked into the surgery for this when everything else we tried didn't work, but the way it was described to me was very scary, so we passed.

I will look into this tea. Unfortunately, she hates tea in general, so the fact that it doesn't taste that great is going to make it even harder to convince her to try it.

shaunche

You husband should visit the doctor to find out what has caused this sudden sweating problem. It could be psychological or it could be caused by a physical problem. Discovering the cause of his excessive sweating is important.