Ever Do Accidentally Do Something Really Stupid To Your Pet?

ohiotom76

One time I was reading the paper and they included a sample of a pet hair remover - it was a sheet of plastic with sticky side. I don't know what I was thinking (I was half awake), but I put the thing on my dog, pressed it down and ripped it off. She freaked out and gave me the biggest "WTF?!" look ever, and took off.

Another time, my beagle - who begs for food a lot - was just about to jump up and try and grab some food off the counter and I pulled the utensil drawer open to get a knife, and all I heard was a "thud". She was on the floor dazed and confused.

writer811

Er...I've never done anything quite like that but once I did knock my rat's tank over. I was walking by it and a tripped. My hand reached out and grabbed the tank and it toppled over. I felt so bad, I gave her six treats that night. She was ok, though.

Jessi

My cat has gotten stuck in the fridge before... I didn't put her there, but my sister did. And my dad put her in the dryer once, oops. I can't think of anything I've ever done to them, though.

Esperahol

I almost lost my neighbor's cat out of the window while on the freeway. It was not my fault; it was a hot day and the evil hellspawn was trying to remove my eyes and I swerved a little bit. I caught the stupid thing and after that scare it behaved for almost five whole minutes.

Lyra

I don't have any stories like these, but I am enjoying reading you guys'. Well, I'm half laughing, half horrified. Though, Esperahol, yours just has me laughing.

Aletha

Well, I did do something but it was by the vet's recommendation. My older dog has arthritis and has a bit of pain every day getting up when he lays down. The vet said to give him an 81 mg aspirin every day to help his arthritis. I helped enormously! I was thrilled for the first month and I gave it to him wrapped in ham so he ate something with it. Well, he started having very bloody stool one day and got so weak we almost lost him. I kind of knew what was happening, so I had taken him off of the aspirin before we even went to the vet. When we took him, they put him on liquid Maalox and he got better but it took some time for him to get his strength back. Needless to say, he is not taking aspirin any longer.

Melissa

Awww the poor babies!!! lol. Well I trip over my cat Molly alot...but thats just becasue like my 2 year old shes always on my butt!!! Or rather my feet lol

writer811

Well, I did do something but it was by the vet's recommendation. My older dog has arthritis and has a bit of pain every day getting up when he lays down. The vet said to give him an 81 mg aspirin every day to help his arthritis. I helped enormously! I was thrilled for the first month and I gave it to him wrapped in ham so he ate something with it. Well, he started having very bloody stool one day and got so weak we almost lost him. I kind of knew what was happening, so I had taken him off of the aspirin before we even went to the vet. When we took him, they put him on liquid Maalox and he got better but it took some time for him to get his strength back. Needless to say, he is not taking aspirin any longer.
Seems to me like you might need a new vet if that one told you to do something that ended up hurting your dog in the long run. Shouldn't the vet have seen something like that coming? Were you warned about potential side effects?

Esperahol

I don't have any stories like these, but I am enjoying reading you guys'. Well, I'm half laughing, half horrified. Though, Esperahol, yours just has me laughing.
Oh, sure its funny now - but at the time I was more then a bit horrified. I know because when I got to my stop someone had the mind to take a picture. I will admit it is a very funny picture. Also I really do believe that evil liktte spawn of darkness was trying to end my life.

Kaybee517

One time I was reading the paper and they included a sample of a pet hair remover - it was a sheet of plastic with sticky side. I don't know what I was thinking (I was half awake), but I put the thing on my dog, pressed it down and ripped it off. She freaked out and gave me the biggest "WTF?!" look ever, and took off.

Another time, my beagle - who begs for food a lot - was just about to jump up and try and grab some food off the counter and I pulled the utensil drawer open to get a knife, and all I heard was a "thud". She was on the floor dazed and confused.
I haven't done the whole rip off my pet thing however I did try that dental spray for cats and dogs. I sprayed my cat's mouth and she shot back like "what the h*ll did you just do to me???". Almost right after she got sick. I felt so stupid and bad to take a shortcut to her dental health. I throw out that bottle right away. She was quite irritated with me for the rest of the day.

claudine

I once left my skirt on the floor when my dog was a puppy. I knew he likes to try everything, but I was in a great rush. The skirt had small ornaments attached to it, it was something similar to little coins. When I came back, one of the coins was gone. My dog ate it! I was terrified but fortunately nothing happened.

xenon

Yes, I have and wont ever live it down. I had a goat and her kid which were sometimes penned and other times free ranged. I had a collar on the kid and sometimes tied it to a peg with a long lead. One day the lead came untied and it went wandering around the property. It climbed up on a very large log and then jumped off it and hung itself. It's mother bleated to say something was wrong but it was all too late. Take care whenever you tie up any animal.:(

Esperahol

Yes, I have and wont ever live it down. I had a goat and her kid which were sometimes penned and other times free ranged. I had a collar on the kid and sometimes tied it to a peg with a long lead. One day the lead came untied and it went wandering around the property. It climbed up on a very large log then jumped off it and hung itself. It's mother bleated to say something was wrong but it was all to late. Take care whenever you tie up any animal.:(
Aww. I'm sorry, but honestly it wasn't really your fault. Sometimes bad things simply happen.

beckyv1265

My 7 year old was trying to put one of the guinea pigs away the other day and it leaped out of his arms and hit the corner of the table. It is now partial paralysed. She doesn't seem to mind at all. My husband rigged a little cart he made out one of the boys cars and she can race around and keep up with the other one. I had considered putting her down but she truly seems to get around ok in the cage and when we take her out she runs all over the place in her cart. She still loves to cuddle. The boys just have to keep her gace extra clean because she no longer has any control over her bowels.

ohiotom76

I haven't done the whole rip off my pet thing however I did try that dental spray for cats and dogs. I sprayed my cat's mouth and she shot back like "what the h*ll did you just do to me???". Almost right after she got sick. I felt so stupid and bad to take a shortcut to her dental health. I throw out that bottle right away. She was quite irritated with me for the rest of the day.
My terrier got into my breath spray on my dresser. I went to use it one day and noticed the container was punctured and couldn't figure out what happened, then a few days later I remembered that I saw her licking her lips like crazy one day and constantly going to the water bowl :-D

My one cat likes to hang around by my feet. When I was working at home she would sleep right on my feet and one day I rolled my chair back to get up and ran over her tail! I never heard her yelp like that and she has been really protective of her tail since then. I felt so bad.

Melissast

One time my ferret bit me pretty bad and out of instinct I flung the poor creature across the room and it hit the wall with a thud. Then it just laid there for a long time and I thought I had killed it, but I guess I just knocked the poor thing out. As soon as I picked her up she came to, and was as fiesty and evil as ever. She has never bitten me since then.

ohiotom76

Forgot about this one, but one time I was coming home and flung the door open just as my dog was walking past it, and nailed her. This is the same dog I ripped the fur off of by accident.

Esperahol

Forgot about this one, but one time I was coming home and flung the door open just as my dog was walking past it, and nailed her. This is the same dog I ripped the fur off of by accident.
Does your dog watch you now? Like it just sits there wondering what you're going to do to it next.

gar

I have a playful shitzu and I thought he'd be okay if I allow him to get out our gate from time to time so I did let him out and roam for awhile. Our neighbors seem to be playing with him. Later did I know they give him food and that evening he was sick. I never let him out our gate without me along with him.